My 6N, Dutch style of course

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

@ helios1: surely is a hugh difference, compared to my original inletmanifold, these new chanels are over 60% larger in cut-through surface :shock:

And the diameter of the throttle from a ABU engine is also bigger (dunno how much exactely, but willl find out :wink: ), but I don't think it will give a big rise in BHP, this will morely effect the torque, which is also very handy :twisted:
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Didn't just f**k about last Christmas, did a s**t load of work on the Polo instead, great being some time off, really gets you bonded with your car, had some great quality time together :lol:

But sprayed all the gitter in the bumpers and grill black, as well as the VW logo on the trunk:

Work in progress :lol: :

And finalyy installed my new airfilter, just need an extra felxible tube to go from the inlet of the filter to the grill to create a ram-air effect, then it will only 'suck' air from outside the bonnet, which won't be as hot as the air from under the bonnet:

And did a lot more 'little maintenance work' on it.

Nice pic @ night:

OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

lookin good mate. keep up the good work!
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Finally got around to make some daytime pics of the black-sprayed gitter:

And got a brandnew alarm incl. central locking:
no more f*****g about with locking the doors with my keys, just push the button :D
Phil6N
Bronze Member

Post by Phil6N »

Dude just wondering, what make are your rear tail lights?
Cheers
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Phil6N wrote:Dude just wondering, what make are your rear tail lights?
Cheers
There the black Hella LED taillights, best rear-lights you can get for your Polo! :D :wink: :lol:
Berseker
Getting There!

Post by Berseker »

You MUST tell me what brand are your front light bulb (i don't know if it's the correct english word, but i hope you understand)..they make a REALLY GOOD light..by the way i must congratulate with you, your Polo is FANTASTIC!!

also can you tell me what brand is your remote central locking? have you fitted in yourself? how many Euros? you've taken it on eBay i suppose..

oh you have PM

----

a new question comed into my mind...

in this photo i noticed you removed the tube that used to be attached to that "hole"....it makes some difference? someone told me that it's a tube that can warm up the interior of your car without waiting the engine warming up..is that true? or not? it makes some differnence in efficience?
OMEGASUPR3ME
Silver Member

Post by OMEGASUPR3ME »

thats where the hot air from the zorst manifold goes into the engine to help your engine in cold.
Last edited by OMEGASUPR3ME on Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

JarnoVWPolo6N wrote:
Phil6N wrote:Dude just wondering, what make are your rear tail lights?
Cheers
There the black Hella LED taillights, best rear-lights you can get for your Polo! :D :wink: :lol:
i'll second that they look the business on mine

-Ben-
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

@ berserker: I don't have a brandname from the headlightbulbs, there just a pair of those cheap asian xenon-gas-filled H4 bulbs, nothing special, costed my just about 10 euro :lol: and are still working after 1,5 years

and brand of the remote+central locking is Meta Systems, didn't install it myself, got it done by a professional bussiness, with a certificate for my insurance company :wink: costed me quit a lot, but lowers my insurance premium

And that tube you asked about, the function of that tube is to "use" the warm air coming from the exhaustmanifold to heat up your engine faster during cold times (winters etc.), when the engine is heated up, it automatically shuts this hose, and starts "using" the colder air from the other tube which is also connected to the original air-filter.
It can easily be removed and won't have any effect on your car whatsoever
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

looks fantastic matey,,,what make is the grille spoiler u have,,ive been after one the same.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

@ Rich16v: thnx, u mean the bonnet extension? It's a Kamei one, Kamei an dBonrath make the best extensions with the best fit.
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

brilliant mate,,,cheers.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

@ rich16v: your welcome m8!

NEW UP-DATE!

just installed my new black FK Powerlook headlights, combo with the black gitter really looks awesome (well, that's my opinion :roll: )

Here's a pic:

Got a lil' help from another Dutch Polo-driver, he owns the red 6N in the back of the picture:

Yes, he's got 13 inch widened stealies, 8 inches to be exact.

Cars need to 'eat' to:
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

cool,,,,very cool.