Just got dusted by a Fiesta Zetec S - (help)

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

Didnt notice this but the ARY polo is slightly heavyier too, the difference in the two engines is only timming as far as im aware, be interested to know what makes it 22kg more.

BTW rolling road this friday so I will get a printout. Anyone else got their dyno results to share? (preferably standard)
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

I've posted my dyno results below.

I'm afraid all i have is results for my car with my Carbon Air induction kit and Decat exhaust system :(

Which aint any good but thought i'd post them anyway. :D

Wish i'd got it done standard before mods so i could see diff. :roll:

But i doubt theres very few Gti's running the stated 125 bhp standard power figure :)
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

cheers for that,

I'm thinking of getting a Decat, what kind of price did u pay? and does it cause the EPC light to come on?
Wardy
Sponsor

Post by Wardy »

If you're posting rolling road figures, you really need to say where they were done too. Some roads are setup differently to others, with different tolerances, so can give different readings.

Steve
RICHARD HARPER
Bronze Member

Post by RICHARD HARPER »

Andy, The exhaust was close to £300 for full stainless Powerflow with decat pipe.

No probs with engine lights neither (Honest) :)

P.s Theres pics of my ehaust and decat pipe on here somewhere. :)
Do a search for me

Wardy, The car was rolling roaded at my local Dastek dealer Wallace Performance in Aberdeen
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

Mine ran 132.5bhp standard running on optimax at Star Performance on the same day a Ibiza Cupra ran bang on vag figures 156bhp as did a Leon Cupra with 179.5bhp (180bhp from vag) so I recon the figure is pretty accurate, as to the 0-60 having a friend who is gadget mad helped me check this using a GPS thingy to a laptop clocked mine doing it in 8.1sec I couldn't really control the wheel spin that well in 1st I recon with newer tyres and no passanger (he was holding the laptop) under 8secs is possible. The 0-100kph(0-62mph) is a little higher as you can't do 62 in 2nd according to gps 60.5mph so it takes another gear change to hit 62mph.
Ricochet
Getting There!

Re: Just got dusted by a Fiesta Zetec S - (help)

Post by Ricochet »

andyg wrote:Hey guys,

I need some assistance, I was driving down a dual carriage way at about 35 in 2nd and a Zetec S was hovering next to me. He planted it, I planted it and he took off, about 6 car lengths infront. I only caught up when we slowed down for the lights then he took a right.

I looked up some figures for it, 0-60 is 9.9, with a top end of 114!

I need somoene to reccomend a good rolling road/garage who can help me in Leeds or West yorks. Any ideas what the problem could be? Its really annoying cause the car seems to run fine, I had optimax in it too!

Cheers in advance
If you want to race someone then do it from behind , . :lol:

If you keep up--- they're sweating , if not , you,re not racing them!
andyg
Silver Member

Post by andyg »

do it from behind
Interesting theory :wink: