Re: South Coast Beach Meet?

Post by Shmosh »

^^ lol i thought that too mate
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Andy1.6 wrote:I think Mudeford Quay should be the definite Answer, plenty of space, right on the front, there's grass, sand, car park and sea!

I do think we should wait for better weather though?
Agreed :D
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Me too! I gave up trying to figure it out!

I feel more towards may/june time? I finish work then so my polo will be back on the road!
Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

Burn the lot of you! Thot this was a friendly foum??? Point taken, i'll tone down, maybe its ironic i'm doin a degree in journalism! Well, bein honest, waiting till june/ july time for a meet is in my opinion a wee bit silly, but if anyone changes their mind and fancies a meet, i'll keep checkin here
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

yeah june/july is like 5 months away ? you doing journalism at bournemouth uni?, it is a really friendly forum people just dont like text speak..its the same on any forum ive been on to be honest
Shmosh
Bronze Member

Post by Shmosh »

june/july would be sunny, ideal weather, everyone's back from uni... makes sense i think!
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Early June! Going travelling on the 20th!

And Lee, We are friendly! Its just sooo much more effort to read!!! Unless you're from essex and everyone speaks like that!!
Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

Haha point taken, and yes most people there do speak like that. Yeah i'm at Bournemouth uni, great banter, just need a car scene!

I really just don't get the point people are trying to make here, I have been told lack of money to go to a free meet is a problem, as is the 'cold' weather, and more people around in summer. A meet is free, if its cold, wear a nice warn jacket, and we can do a meet in the summer also?! There doesn't need to be one meet every 6 months, surely? I just can't get my head around why there can't be one now, and one again soon for example, and then a few in the summer?
We can get loads in before June! If not, fair, i'll look elsewhere.

By the way I would like to put some photos of my car on the mk4 page, do I just copy the IMG code into the 'post a reply' section and it does the rest itself? Like an idiot I cant really decipher how to do it on the FAQ page!

Many thanks, Lee
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

for images you put [img]and[/img] either side of the image url

as for free, its things like the cost of fuel and that. not all of us are local to bournemouth so for a meet there is a need to travel

you also have to take into consideration that alot of us have other commitments - we have to work, go to uni etc so we arent always all free together and on the days off a meet isnt always highest on the list

a meet perhaps mid march then june will probably work - too often and they just get boring. its something to look forward too when they are spaced and gives people more time to modify so they have something new to show off!

im from essex too haha just havent lived there in a long while.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

alexperkins wrote: a meet perhaps mid march then june will probably work - too often and they just get boring. its something to look forward too when they are spaced and gives people more time to modify so they have something new to show off!
Very true my friend!
Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

Awsome! Thanks for the advice, i shall give it a go and stick some photos up in the mk4 section. Ok then, mid march sounds good, i do see your point on the meets! I don't mind travelling away from Bournemouth for a meet, like i said previously, roads here are a joke and already counts my middle box and arches as victims! Anyone got a date in mind? While we're here, does anybody know where i can get my roof vinyled? not as in sign vinyl, but leatherette? Anywhere along the south coast at all?
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

mate the tidyvag monthly meet is the feb 8th, there is always a good turn out to that so if you cant wait pop along!
Shmosh
Bronze Member

Post by Shmosh »

lol well speaking for myself: the reason i can't go now is i'm at uni in wales. I'll be back in Bournemouth in June. I think its the same for most people from Bournemouth who are at different unis
Lee-Dub
Getting There!

Post by Lee-Dub »

Haha yeah i'll be at tidyvag meetin, for definate, and as for waiting till everyone is back from uni,- I am here untill end of july so i can do june aswel, but hey we cant hold fire on a meet while we wait on one person,- i have seen other posts on here for meets in wales, maybe attend that while you are there and then join in at South coast when you're back? Is there usually a good turn out at tidyvag? I have attended a similair format with Eastern Dubs and they get a good attendance on their official monthly meets.
Andy1.6
Gold Member

Post by Andy1.6 »

Maybe a south coast UK-p more regular could be considered, good idea!

I just started this thread cos I liked the whole beach idea!! (Another excuses to go windsurfing at mudeford!)