Black Polo GTI 6 Speed. 390 BHP Build

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
POLOZ
Gold Member

Re: Black Polo GTI

Post by POLOZ »

Looking nice! How does the Dump valve sound? is it Pi...Sishhhh lol
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

POLOZ wrote:Looking nice! How does the Dump valve sound? is it Pi...Sishhhh lol
Well i am still running the standard map :evil: due to wanting to get the brakes, suspension and front mount intercooler fitted first.

Intercooler should turn up this week and will be fitting the following weekend along with a 6 speed box :D then off to get stage1 although i am contemplating getting the Miltek at the same time and just going stage 2 :mrgreen: will see how it all goes.

But in answer to your question i dont here a bloddy thing as i still have the standard airbox with pipercross panel filter. But that suits me as i not to bothered about the noise at the moment.

Thanks for the comments
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

Well i am still running the standard map :evil: due to wanting to get the brakes, suspension and front mount intercooler fitted first.

Intercooler should turn up this week and will be fitting the following weekend along with a 6 speed box :D then off to get stage1 although i am contemplating getting the Miltek at the same time and just going stage 2 :mrgreen: will see how it all goes.

But in answer to your question i dont here a bloddy thing as i still have the standard airbox with pipercross panel filter. But that suits me as i not to bothered about the noise at the moment.

Thanks for the comments
Yeh understand what you mean...........

6 speed gear! Hmm sounds interesting :D Is it off a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T??? Looking forward to this......
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

[/quote]Yeh understand what you mean...........
6 speed gear! Hmm sounds interesting :D Is it off a Seat Ibiza Cupra 1.8T??? Looking forward to this......[/quote]

Wont say to much at the moment but once i have completed testing all will be revealed :shock:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

as far as i knew a 6 speed Gbox was to big to fit under the polo?
verry currious about that mod :mrgreen:
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Yeah, they're 02J 'boxes, so a six speed should fit as long as you use the correct driveshafts. Is the box being used an 02M out of the PD130 TDi by any chance?

Ash
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

as far as i knew a 6 speed Gbox was to big to fit under the polo?
verry currious about that mod :mrgreen:

There is defo enough space to fit a 6 speed :D
K.I.T.T. wrote:Yeah, they're 02J 'boxes, so a six speed should fit as long as you use the correct driveshafts. Is the box being used an 02M out of the PD130 TDi by any chance?

Ash
No not using the o2m as it's not a straight swap.

Will be a o2s box (same box as the o2j but with and extra gear bolted to the side). Going to the garage this weekend to fit the fmic and the 6 speed so will let you all know how it goes once i have fitted it 8)

Here is an image of one. I will get better pics at the weekend

Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

i want all the deatails and pictures of this incedible mod!
are the gears shorter as to the 5speed? bet it wil have fenomenal rolling acceleration :twisted:
POLOZ
Gold Member

Post by POLOZ »

I cant wait for the results, the first 9n3 GTI with 6speed which imho should have been standard
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

POLOZ wrote:I cant wait for the results, the first 9n3 GTI with 6speed which imho should have been standard
Can anyone else verify this? First Polo GTI with a 6 speed?

Sure i read somewhere that someone else had fitted an o2m 6 speed before?

Cant wait now wish I could fit it today :D
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Turbomier wrote:i want all the deatails and pictures of this incedible mod!
are the gears shorter as to the 5speed? bet it wil have fenomenal rolling acceleration :twisted:
To be honest i have no idea.
My plan is to go out and note down speeds at particular RPM's in all the gears then do the same once the 6 speed is fitted.

Main thing is final gear if i remember correctly when at 4000 RPM i am doing about 100 mph so as long as its lower or the same i will be happy. Although i expect i may lose some top end due to the box i have.

There are various models you can get the gearbox from inc a diesel version which i know will have a higher top end.

All will be revealed shortly :mrgreen:
Turbomier
Silver Member

Post by Turbomier »

still: verry curious :mrgreen:
think this will be a great mod!
thought about this myself (who doesn't) but they told me a 6speed would not fit because of space problems :roll:
verry good someone is trying that out and verry good to see that it works!

a friend of mine had a Golf MK1 with a Cupra 20VT engine.
it still had the stock KO3 turbo wich was chiptuned to 216Hp and 320nm, on a car that was 900kg heavy.
he had a gearbox under that thing from a Golf G60. (5 speed)
extremly short gears for that sort of power!
could not get under 14.4sec on the 1/4mile strip, wich was a bit disapointing (gears where TO short for dragraces)
BUT, rolling starts like 3th gear from 50km/u to 130km/u, and 4th from 70km/u to 180km/u it nailed about everything :shock:
he once went head to head with 1st model audi RS6, over 220km/u the RS6 was eventually faster.
so a gearbox makes all the difference... depends on what youre after also :wink:
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

Ok so i went down the garage over the weekend and fitted the fmic, uprated dog mount bush and a SIX speed gearbox :mrgreen:.

The gearbox by no means is a straight fit, but it's in there and works like a dream.

Due to the closeness of the gearbox to the chassis leg i have to get uprated mounts (vibra technics) and then modify the part that bolts to the gearbox so there is less strain on the mount.

This is certainly not an easy job so if you wish to do this your self beware there will be a few complications.

yorks GT TDI
Sponsor

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed now fitted pics Pg5

Post by yorks GT TDI »

great work
can you confirm what model the gearbox came out been looking into this i know the mk5 1.4 tsi gearbox looks like the one you have and also touran also do you have more details on the mods you had to do to get it to fit

also you did no other mods ie swap the input shafts or bell housings

thanks
Whos Adam?
Bronze Member

Re: Black Polo GTI 6 Speed now fitted pics Pg5

Post by Whos Adam? »

yorks GT TDI wrote:great work
can you confirm what model the gearbox came out been looking into this i know the mk5 1.4 tsi gearbox looks like the one you have and also touran also do you have more details on the mods you had to do to get it to fit

also you did no other mods ie swap the input shafts or bell housings

thanks
Are you running a 5 speed Yorks?