Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - More Pics page 5

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers mate :D Yeah got them just as winter wheels but I love them now. Still want to get the RXII's back on soon though 8)
I got some of the round style centre caps but as soon as I got them I regretted it, wish I had the same type as you.
6N2 GTI 00

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - More Pics page 5

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Small Update - 22/06/2010

Took a few pics on Sunday of the car with the exhaust fitted.
The only issue at the moment is clearance because it sits very low, the only solution is to raise the exhaust bracket at the back and cut a small recess in the bumper which will have to be done at some point. I want it to be a good neat job because I am not keen on the idea of cutting the bumper but I don’t really have a choice because the back box is huge. I don’t think this exhaust will be everyone’s cup of tea but I certainly like it.

Here are a few Pics

The Exhaust sounds very sporty and is not too loud which is nice, it’s very good on Motorway Journeys.

I have also had another good go on my Xenon lenses recently to try and get them looking a little fresher.
They had been polished up when I had it detailed but it didn’t get rid of all the crazing/hazing so I wanted to try it myself with some Xerapol Plastic Polish.
I spent a good 2 hours on each one and they now look much cleaner. I have got rid of most of the fine scratches but some of the hazing doesn’t want to budge.

Still loads left to do but I’m getting there slowly, I’ll get some more pics posted up in the next few weeks when I get the RXII's back on the car.

On Another note that Dodo Juice Red Mist detailer is quality... Reflection Perfection 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - Exhaust Fitted Page 6

Post by Tim_GTi »

looks good bro! really like the exhaust. could definitely do with a recess cut out and brought up, i bet that's a nightmare for scraping!

you considered black centre caps for the G60s?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers Tim :)
Yeah mate the scraping is a problem at the moment, especially on my driveway at home. It needs the recess ASAP and then the back box needs to be repositioned & raised. I want to get a set of the black centre caps for the G60''s, I stupidly ordered the round type instead and they look gash so I left them off. I am hoping to get the RXII's back on soon so i'll leave the centre caps for now and buy some for when the G60's go back on in the Winter.
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Looking good man. Keep it up :wink:
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Ive seen some horrible exhausts fitted to these but if im honest Ben that looks pretty nice.If i was to get an exhaust it would be hidden, but for a visible exhaust you've pulled it off looks very tidy and not at all out of place well done dude glad you're pleased with it.

Cars looking pretty damn fresh in the pictures too and im definately jealous of that garage you store it in.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Godderz23 wrote:Looking good man. Keep it up :wink:
Cheers Mate 8)
Bradley wrote:Ive seen some horrible exhausts fitted to these but if im honest Ben that looks pretty nice.If i was to get an exhaust it would be hidden, but for a visible exhaust you've pulled it off looks very tidy and not at all out of place well done dude glad you're pleased with it.

Cars looking pretty damn fresh in the pictures too and im definately jealous of that garage you store it in.
Cheers Bradley :D
I was thinking of going for a powerflow OEM style exhaust with a hidden tail pipe for a long time but the twin tail pipes option was always in the back of my mind. There are not many exhausts available for the GTI due to it being a rare car and of course its 10 years old now which doesnt help. I am happy with how it looks it just needs the clearance issue addressing and it will be perfect. I will try and get a video clip posted of it when I get chance, sounds very refined & sporty.

I wish I could keep it in the Garage but that's home to my Dads Triumph Stag, I keep asking him to shift it but the Polo has to sleep outside unfortunately 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Small Update 12/07/2010

Got the 16" RXII's back on the car this weekend after a very minor refurb so pretty pleased to have them back.
I took the Polo to a classic car show on Sunday but unfortunately I forgot to take my Camera with me (Gutted!) I did take a few pics of the car when I got back from the show though which can be seen below.

I'm still not happy with the ride height but I can't do anything about that until the exhaust has been raised, the clearance is already horrendous at the moment so I dont want to make things any worse.
I should have a few more updates next week because i'm off work so i'll try to get the LED rear lights, Short Shifter and replacment Stubby mirror fitted 8) .

The car is getting a light service next week with a oil & filter change and gearbox fluid change :)

Ben,
Bradley
Gold Member

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - RXII's Now Back On!

Post by Bradley »

Looking good dude,the RX's never fail to complete these cars they do look pretty sweet on yours.

Whats next after the service then?.
Godderz23
Platinum Member

Post by Godderz23 »

Very nice dude, wish I had got 16's really, fill the arches that little bit more. What are you doing with the pepperpots?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

hmm i really must get my rx2s refurbed!

Looks sweet as always ben 8)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Looks great! Always loved 16" RXIIs.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Bradley wrote:Looking good dude,the RX's never fail to complete these cars they do look pretty sweet on yours.

Whats next after the service then?.
Cheers Bradley :)
I think the RX's & RXII's are the best suited wheels for the GTI in my opinion, they look great and suit the car perfectly :)
The problem is keeping them in good condition, they hate the winter.

There are a few little niggles on the car that need to be taken care of once the service is out of the way. Drivers side window needs a new regulator, I need some new interior mats because mine still has the originals and I want to get myself a set of new interior door handles (same old peeling effect).

Other than that though I would be quite happy just maintaining it for now, I will be getting the bonnet & roof resprayed next summer and i'm still toying with the idea of Schrick Cams 8)
Godderz23 wrote:Very nice dude, wish I had got 16's really, fill the arches that little bit more. What are you doing with the pepperpots?
Cheers Mate :)
You can still get a set of 16"s relatively cheaply off ebay but 9 times out of 10 they do require refurbing.
They are pretty rare in 4 stud pattern but they do come up for sale every now and again.

I am keeping the G60's for the winter months again now, i'll probably run the BBS rims up until October and then stick the G60's back on for the winter months. I left the BBS wheels on until December last time which was a big mistake.
alexperkins wrote:hmm i really must get my rx2s refurbed!

Looks sweet as always ben 8)
Cheers Alex 8)
Are you looking to get the centre's refurbed or is the outer lips alex?
They look the business when they have been freshly refurbed :D
Last edited by 6N2 GTI 00 on Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Tim_GTi wrote:Looks great! Always loved 16" RXIIs.
Cheers Tim :)
How you getting on with the sale mate? has the Polo persuaded you not to sell up yet? 8)
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

aye i need to get them fully done. I cant decide whether to polish the lips or get them recut and lacquered, but the centers need a full painting too.