New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by SRGTD »

dtw wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:51 am Finally collected my car yesterday. Dealer sorted out the earlier issue with the wheels. The car is lovely. I've only driven 50 miles (non motorway) since I picked it up but, so far, it's better than I'd hoped it would be.

Booking the car in for rear window tinting on Monday.
@dtw; Looks good! It’s good to hear that the dealer sorted the wheels for you. Do you have Bridgestone tyres on your Brescia alloys?
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Anyone else surprised how noisy the exhaust is? Seems louder than my old golf R was, not that I’m complaining!
alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

Is it really that loud? [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

dtw
New
Drives: GTi

Post by dtw »

No, they're cheapo tyres I'm afraid. Not complaining though, as I got to keep the 17" Parkers, complete with the Michelin tyres it arrived with.

I actually like the Parkers too but I'll probably sell them to recoup some of my outlays.
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

alandbess wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:48 am Is it really that loud? [emoji16]

It’s not crazy loud but it’s a good sound! In sport mode it pops and bangs on overrun quite nicely. Mine only has about 150 miles on it so far too, so the exhaust still needs to bed in properly!

Really impressed with the GTI+ so far, once it’s run in will be good to give a good test on some decent roads. Sport select suspension seems to firm things up nicely too.

Anybody who hasn’t got there’s yet want to know anything about the car?
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

Dan34 wrote:

It’s not crazy loud but it’s a good sound! In sport mode it pops and bangs on overrun quite nicely. Mine only has about 150 miles on it so far too, so the exhaust still needs to bed in properly!

Really impressed with the GTI+ so far, once it’s run in will be good to give a good test on some decent roads. Sport select suspension seems to firm things up nicely too.

Are you on 17" or 18" wheels? And what tyres have been put on?

Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

17’s with Michelin Premacy 3’s, was relieved when I saw it had Michelin’s on!
alandbess
Bronze Member

Post by alandbess »

Dan34 wrote:17’s with Michelin Premacy 3’s, was relieved when I saw it had Michelin’s on!
I haven't spec'd 18's so I'm hoping I have a win with the tyre lottery too.

In terms of power delivery and torque. I'm coming out of a Scirocco running about 240bhp, I'm a little worried I'm going to be "disappointed". How have you found this?

RUM4MO
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: B8 S4 & 6R/6C1 1.2TSI 110

Post by RUM4MO »

Dan34 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:57 am

Are you sure that the pops and bangs are coming out of the exhaust and not just coming out from the Sondekator of whatever that device is currently called, Audi and SEAT have been using them for years it seems.
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

alandbess wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:10 am
Dan34 wrote:17’s with Michelin Premacy 3’s, was relieved when I saw it had Michelin’s on!
I haven't spec'd 18's so I'm hoping I have a win with the tyre lottery too.

In terms of power delivery and torque. I'm coming out of a Scirocco running about 240bhp, I'm a little worried I'm going to be "disappointed". How have you found this?

Still running it in so haven’t really given it a proper full throttle run yet and also haven’t hit the 1000km’s run in so the ECU isn’t quite giving the car it’s full power yet, so far so good though! I reckon it’ll be more than quick enough once run in, I had a golf r before which was around 360bhp so will be able to do some good comparisons on the speed side of things (obviously it’s not going to feel as quick as the golf!)
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

RUM4MO wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:15 am

Are you sure that the pops and bangs are coming out of the exhaust and not just coming out from the Sondekator of whatever that device is currently called, Audi and SEAT have been using them for years it seems.
No it’s 100% the exhaust, I’ve turned down the soundaktor to eco for now, will fully disable it soon. But the pops and bangs etc are definitely the exhaust! I guess because it’s a smaller the car the exhaust is shorter and probably has smaller silencers than a golf so maybe that’s why it sounds a bit better, purely guessing there though.
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

I was pleasantly surprised by the exhaust note, thought it would be almost silent like my previous Fabia vRS but no, lovely sound to it!!

How do you change the suspension please, is it in the car menu? I am unsure if mine was specced with it as it was dealer stock, I can't find a menu setting so I guess not :-(

Enjoy your car :-)
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

I thought the adjustable suspension was a part of the Gti plus package?
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Post by MilgeS »

I was unsure if it was standard or not, can't seem to find a menu setting for it, damn sure I seen on a review video of how to do it in the menus but can't think for the life of me how!!
Dan34
Getting There!

Post by Dan34 »

MilgeS wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm

I was pleasantly surprised by the exhaust note, thought it would be almost silent like my previous Fabia vRS but no, lovely sound to it!!

How do you change the suspension please, is it in the car menu? I am unsure if mine was specced with it as it was dealer stock, I can't find a menu setting so I guess not :-(

Enjoy your car :-)
It’s an optional extra on the GTI but standard on the GTI+, will either be enabled in sport mode or can be turned on under the settings in invidual mode.