New GTI + delivery

Chat about your 2018+ AW/BZ model Polos here!
MilgeS
Silver Member
Drives: R-Line and Gti+

Re: New GTI + delivery

Post by MilgeS »

Dan34 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 pm
MilgeS wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:41 pm
Dan34 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:57 am
It’s an optional extra on the GTI but standard on the GTI+, will either be enabled in sport mode or can be turned on under the settings in invidual mode.
Brilliant, thank you very much for that info, just had a tinker with "individual mode" and will see how it feels next time I drive, also seen that I can change the sound, steering etc, thank you :-)
SRGTD
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

MilgeS wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:49 pm I was unsure if it was standard or not, can't seem to find a menu setting for it, damn sure I seen on a review video of how to do it in the menus but can't think for the life of me how!!
This might be the video you were thinking of (Joe Knight’s car - a forum member who works for a VW dealership); 8min 50sec to 9min 45sec in the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmvaDvd0 ... fullscreen

Joe says it’s standard on both the GTI and GTI+, and VW’s website at the link below states the GTI has Sport Select suspension as standard (under the Compfort and Convenience section);

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf ... -equipment
Dan34
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+

Post by Dan34 »

Ahhh I thought it was GTI+ only, my mistake!

Individual mode is definitely worth exploring, I prefer to turn the fake engine noise down.
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

Dan34 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:06 pm Individual mode is definitely worth exploring, I prefer to turn the fake engine noise down.
I've done the opposite, I'm a driving instructor so I'm not going to get to hear that lovely exhaust for real unless I'm driving!!!
MilgeS
Silver Member

Post by MilgeS »

This might be the video you were thinking of (Joe Knight’s car - a forum member who works for a VW dealership); 8min 50sec to 9min 45sec in the video.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EMmvaDvd0 ... fullscreen

Joe says it’s standard on both the GTI and GTI+, and VW’s website at the link below states the GTI has Sport Select suspension as standard (under the Compfort and Convenience section);

http://www.volkswagen.co.uk/new/polo-nf ... -equipment
[/quote]

Yes! That is exactly the video, thank you :-)
monkeyhanger
Drives: Audi A4 Avant Quattro 40 TDI, Polo GTI+

Post by monkeyhanger »

Dan34 wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:46 am Anyone else surprised how noisy the exhaust is? Seems louder than my old golf R was, not that I’m complaining!
Is it the exhaust or soundaktor? My R was booming until I had the Soundaktor turned off.

You'll know if it's the Soundaktor if it is a lot louder in Sport than Normal. Any pops/farts when shifting?

I should read past the post above - I see you answered my questions .

Pretty sure the adjustable suspension is only standard on the plus (I think Joe got that wrong in the video) and may have even been canned as standard equipment with the new June pricelist. I will check my saved pricelist PDFs later.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:29 pm
Pretty sure the adjustable suspension is only standard on the plus (I think Joe got that wrong in the video) and may have even been canned as standard equipment with the new June pricelist. I will check my saved pricelist PDFs later.
After studying the old and new versions of both the pricelist and brochure, I can't find any specifics on the suspension adjustment (accessed via driver selection) for either the GTI or GTI+, it must've been mentioned on the old VW configuration website. But in totting up the + only standard equipment and optional costs for those items on other models, I come up with a figure (for the old pricelist) of £2715, which is about what I remember, so seems that standard GTI does have the adaptive suspension (2 settings) too in the profiles, seeing as it doesn't appear as an option you can buy, and both GTI and + have same descriptive for driver selection.

Given the descriptive of the driver selection, VW could quietly remove the adaptive suspension and not be In any trouble for it with advertising standards.
SRGTD
Drives: 2020 AW Polo GTI+, Pure White.

Post by SRGTD »

I believe there were some changes to the description of the Sport Select suspension for the GTI / GTI+ In an early version of the configurator. As a result of those changes, it was thought by some on the forum at the time that the adaptive suspension settings may have been dropped by VW, although this was not the case, as confirmed by those forum members who’ve taken delivery of their cars.

If the difference between the two adaptive suspension settings is the same or similar to the settings in the optional Sports Performance Pack on the previous generation Polo GTI, the firmer of the two settings (Sport) is, IMO, very firm. I rarely use the ‘Sport’ setting in my car.

I suspect most people are likely to keep the Sport Select Suspension in the ‘Normal’ mode for everyday driving. Joe made the comment in his video that ‘Normal’ mode is much more compliant and enjoyable than ‘Sport’ mode on UK roads.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

On passing, I decided to pop into Lookers VW Newcastle (Scotswood Road branch) and see if they had a GTI in. They did - it was in Reef Blue with Brescias and Velvet Red inserts. The Velvet Red inserts did not seem to go with the blue paintwork that can be seen in the car (IMO), I must admit that I was not a fan of the Reef Blue on a GTI, I might be a bit dyed in the wool, but I do think the GTI looks best in White (even though i'm not a fan of white cars in general), Red, Silver (why no Reflex Silver for the GTI?) and to a slightly lesser extent, black. It's a subjective thing, and sometimes it's not just a strong preference for a colour no matter what, some cars suit some colours better - example: I had a MK7 GTD in Tornado Red and it looked great, I traded it in for a Golf R and Red was not an option for me. With the R's less aggressive front end than the GTD/GTI, Red did not look good, so it had to be Black or Lapiz Blue (and I went for the Blue).

It was on Bridgestone Turanza tyres, so unless they ran out of those on BW22, I guess that i'll probably be getting those. Checked out Costco and Michelin PS4 225/40 R18 are £105 a corner. There most be another Michelin Promo on soon, so we might see £70 rebate on that £420 outlay - I could live with that if the Turanzas are as abysmal as Potenzas. Hopefully I can find some reassurance that there would be no detrimental effect of having a 10m wider tyre that is suited to 7.5J wide wheels, or measure up to see that there would be no snagging on the wheel arches (might mean loading up the back end for those wheels to sink into the arches a bit).

The Bridgestone 215s seemed a little light on lippage protection for the wheel., maybe 225s would be a little better on that score.
barrywi
Gold Member
Drives: GTI plus ( at last!) JaguarXJ 2007

Post by barrywi »

How to keep "The Wife" very happy
image.gif
jylydesign
Getting There!
Drives: GTI+ on order

Post by jylydesign »

[emoji3][emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H840 using Tapatalk

alandbess
Bronze Member
Drives: Scirocco

Post by alandbess »

[emoji16] Glad you've finally picked it up Barrywi. 🤙🏻

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

roywolfey
Silver Member
Drives: 2018 Polo GTI +

Post by roywolfey »

barrywi wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:05 pm How to keep "The Wife" very happy
Congrats! Now the long wait is over, it’s time to enjoy the car. :D
Chris001
New
Drives: GTi+ 2019

Post by Chris001 »

Hi all,

VW just rang me to update me on my current status and thought it may be be helpful to those out there still waiting....

So I currently have a GTi+ on order (ordered middle of January) - In reef Blue with the Brescias / Climate control / Nav and rear view camera.

According to my dealer the factory will remain closed for the next 3 weeks where after we should see some updates come through.

According to their system no orders are being taken on until November

I asked regarding spec changes for the 2019 version (anything we will loose or gain) and it appears the GTi will stay exactly the same (obviously emissions spec changes aside) the only thing they had noted was some storage draws being removed from some of the other models (I think maybe the SEL) but afraid I lost interest after we got past no changes to the GTi.

Fingers crossed things start moving forward.....

Could any current GTi owners that did get their cars recently confirm details regarding the door mirrors - curious if these are the type that fold in / fold out when unlocking / locking your car or the version that require using the little nob like on previous Scirroco models?
BaraBen
New
Drives: Deep Black GTI+

Post by BaraBen »

The mirrors on our GTI+ fold every time you lock the car. 800 miles in now since 17/7 and still very impressed with the little beast. The exhaust noises are quite addictive!