Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

lol the BBS rims,,,,look excellent.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

rich16v wrote:lol the BBS rims,,,,look excellent.
:lol: ok, wasn't sure which u meant. Didn't refurbed they myself (yet), previous owner only sanded the edges of the rims to grid2500, I'm planning to really polish it before the summer. The hearts are sprayed in a darkish grey Lupo colour, so it's all VW on my babies 8)
vdubyabush
Silver Member

nice man

Post by vdubyabush »

i have the same filter on my polo :) does sound awesome cars lookin awesome too man :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Well, done quite a lot of work on the Polo this weekend.

Since I'm planning to 'tickle' the engine, I wanted to get some better braking power. I've got the old VWI system now (massive brake-discs) and wanted to go for the VWII system (vented brake discs), so I got myself a good pair of second-handed VWII brake callipers 8)

Overhauled them last saturday, cleaned out the pod/cilinder:

New rubber closing ring inside the cilinder, lubricated with brakecilindrepaste:

And a new rubber dustcap between the cilinder and the piston (which I also cleaned thorouhgly and lubricated with the paste):

And now got myself a almost brandnew, perfectly working pair of braking callipers, width enough for the vented brake discs (just need to paint them red again):

Planning to get a new set of Zimmermann drilled (and of course vented) brake discs, and hopefully, if I've got enough cash) a pair of Ferodo DS2000 brake pads. Surely it will then brake like a virgin spottin' a red light district :lol:

Also got around to "improve" my doorspeakers yesterday. Since the original VW doorholders for the woofers of my componentset aren't that heavy (and therefor shake about with the woofers, which fucks up the soundquality) I made it heavier with what we Dutch call "bitumen", it's like lead which you can stick on and mold into any corner after you heated it up, superstuff!

Here's before:

And after:
Filled the speakerhole with special stuffing for speakers.

And covered it all up in the lead, making a sort of "roof" for any water coming into the door, so it can't reach the speaker and short-circuit it or something:

Haven't got pics of the front look, but that's also covered with the sticky lead ("bitumen"), made the speakerholder 6 times as heavy as it was 8) that bastard won't be shacking that fast any more :twisted:

Tested it, and even without the doorpanels on (didn't get around to do it) it already sounded a lot better, much better sound quality, no more little rattles on the bass :D
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

Slammed the BBS GTI's under the Polo last saturday, here are some pics i found on the net taken from the Polo on the VW Speed midwintermeeting last sunday (Hans from here, the crazy dutch bastard in the mintgreen 6N with widened steelies is a member of VW Speed):

Check out all the salt on the rear :lol:

And the front:

But definetely need some wideners with it.............
tommy long
New

Post by tommy long »

Any pics of that blue 6n next to yours, that looks quite nice?.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

tommy long wrote:Any pics of that blue 6n next to yours, that looks quite nice?.
which one? one or two to the left?
paul007
Bronze Member

Post by paul007 »

what kind of front bumper is that on the dark blue 6N (on the right of you in the first pic, RL-RR-46)??

if you know?
Mint
Bronze Member

Post by Mint »

what kind of front bumper is that on the dark blue 6N (on the right of you in the first pic, RL-RR-46)??

if you know?
Standard 16V isn't it?
polopowah
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Hertfordshire Drives: Ford Puma 1.7 Enjoys: Mowing grass

Post by polopowah »

looks to me like the standard 16v one with a mk5 6n2 GTI front splitter added on

-Ben-
PhilGTi
Platinum Member

Post by PhilGTi »

I agree...

Like this:

paul007
Bronze Member

Post by paul007 »

i like that, me thinks it could be the replacement for my battered one! :)
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

It's indeed an regular 16v bumper with a GTI lip underneath it, belongs to a mate of miine who lives almost next door :wink:
R1CH
Platinum Member

Post by R1CH »

a bit random but ive just got some skirts same as yours,,,just thought id add that.
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

rich16v wrote:a bit random but ive just got some skirts same as yours,,,just thought id add that.
M3-looks, or Lumma's? Right now I'n cruizin on the M3-looks, luv um 8)

Either way, good choice m8 :wink: