Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - RXII's Now Back On!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Polished lips do look great but they are difficult to keep clean, trying to autosol the lips while the wheels are on the car is a bit of a nightmare.
Do you still have any winter wheels Alex or do you run the 16"s all year round? I remember you used to have a set of BBS Colour Concept wheels which are cool
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Luster pad is better than autosol for the polished lips once they are on the car - look it up...its brilliant stuff!

Aye, I have a set of Colour Concept BBS interlagos wheels that I run in the winter, though I generally take the GTI off the road and drive the Mk3 in the colder months :P

Im gonna refurbish the CCs in white with a red outer lip...should look cool!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers Alex I will make sure I get some Luster Pad. What do you reckon to price on the link below? Good or bad price?
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LUSTRE-LUSTER-MET ... 3a5c8c693c

Yeah the Colour Concept wheels look quality, I dont blame you for taking the GTI off the road in the winter, If I could I most certainly would.

Look forward to seeing the CC Interlagos when they have been refurbed, red cars with white wheels look the business.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

That's a pretty good price for it

Indeed they do look the business. I better get on it then!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers Alex 8) Just ordered some
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote: Cheers Tim :)
How you getting on with the sale mate? has the Polo persuaded you not to sell up yet? 8)
I haven't made any efforts if I'm honest mate!

I do love the car still, so I'm in no hurry 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Good Man 8) i'm sure there will be plenty of suitors when you start advertising it
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sadly the GTI will be going up for sale in the next month or so.

I have decided to part ways with it and get myself an Audi S3 Quattro, really tough decision because I love the Polo to bits but it just seems like the right time to sell while the car is still fairly low mileage and in good condition.

I will have several brand new parts available soon so keep an eye out on the For Sale Section.

Parts for sale will include
Set of BBS RXII's (15") - To be reburded shortly
Set of G60 Steels (15") with very good tyres
B&M Short Shifter (Brand New - never fitted)
OMP Upper Strut Brace (Brand New - never fitted)
Rear LED Brake lights purchased from Tegwin - (Brand New - never fitted)
Raceland Manifold - Fully prepared for fitment (including gasket) its been heatwrapped, sprayed with heat protection spray & clipped with SS cable ties
GTI Grille - average condition
6000K Xenon Headlight Uprade - HIDS4U - They havent been on the car long, in perfect working order

There are some more bits & bobs too which I will list when I get chance

Ben,
Bradley
Gold Member

Re: Ben's Polo GTI - For Sale as of September!

Post by Bradley »

What a shock mate,well we all have to move on sometime.

What S3 are you going for?,my brothers got a face lift one just before the new ones came out.His is an absoloute minter but you can pick battered ones up fairly cheaply.What sort ones are you looking at getting?.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Bradley wrote:What a shock mate,well we all have to move on sometime.

What S3 are you going for?,my brothers got a face lift one just before the new ones came out.His is an absoloute minter but you can pick battered ones up fairly cheaply.What sort ones are you looking at getting?.
Yeah Bradley its a tough decision to make because I really do love my GTI and always have done, It was always going to be sold somewhere down the line but I think as they are still holding reasonable value it might be the time to move on before the car looses anymore value.

Its the 1st Generation S3 that i'm going for (Type 8L), looking to get a late 02-03 one really with relatively low mileage.
It has to be the S3 Quattro 4X4 though with 225bhp :)
The Polo must be sold first before I can start seriously looking so I am hoping to get rid of a few small problems with it in the next 2 to 3 weeks and then get it up for sale. It was serviced today and had the gearbox fluid changed so I just need to order a few parts from Volkswagen. Drivers side window needs a new motor & regulator, CD player could do with a refurb, Passenger side CV boot needs changing and I also need a new Aerial base. I want it to be spot on for its new owner.

As I said above if anybody is interested in some of the parts I have listed then just PM me for a price.

Ben,
Bradley
Gold Member

Post by Bradley »

Thats the model my brother has,they are lovely cars.Shame you're so far away im sure he'd take you for a drive.His was £9400 so im guessing you've been saving abit or something.Alot do sell pretty cheap though my brother was quite lucky his has the Bose sound system and Nappa leather Recaro's and only 38,000 on the clock when he got it.Quattro is pretty cool but i suppose it'll never be proper rear wheel drive altough it does feel mental around roundabouts almost on rails type grip,definately look at uprating the anti roll bars my bro thinks it made a huge difference to the car.

Keep around on the forum though dude and be sure to get some pictures up etc.
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Ill be quite interested in the raceland if its been bent to avoid the sump, and the G60s if they are in good condish.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Bradley wrote:Thats the model my brother has,they are lovely cars.Shame you're so far away im sure he'd take you for a drive.His was £9400 so im guessing you've been saving abit or something.Alot do sell pretty cheap though my brother was quite lucky his has the Bose sound system and Nappa leather Recaro's and only 38,000 on the clock when he got it.Quattro is pretty cool but i suppose it'll never be proper rear wheel drive altough it does feel mental around roundabouts almost on rails type grip,definately look at uprating the anti roll bars my bro thinks it made a huge difference to the car.

Keep around on the forum though dude and be sure to get some pictures up etc.
Yeah they are very nice cars and do hold their value well.
My budget is going to be around 7-7.5K really with possilbly stretching to 8K for a special example. If I can find one with 50-55K on the clock I would be happy, anything below that would be a bonus :D

Yeah I have been reading up on some of the common modifications for the S3 and the front/Rear ARB's seem to be a very common upgrade. D

Your Bro's S3 sounds awesome :) has he had it re-mapped?
I am hoping to sell the Polo for 4K really, especially with the 16" RXII's on there, I think that is a fair price to ask considering it has the OEM leather interior, 67,000 miles and a host of extras,

I will deffo be sticking around on the Forum mate 8) Polo or no Polo!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

alexperkins wrote:Ill be quite interested in the raceland if its been bent to avoid the sump, and the G60s if they are in good condish.
The Raceland has not been bent Alex but it could be if neccesary.
They dont actually require bending to clear the sump its just the clearance is improved if they are bent slightly.

Mine has been fully heatwrapped, sprayed and secured with Stainless steel cable ties so all that would have to be taken off in order to heat it up and bend it. I will get some pics for you when I get chance.

The G60's may already be sold to Chris (Godderz23) but if that sale falls through then I will let you know.

Ben,
alexperkins
Site Admin

Post by alexperkins »

Yes please do very interested in that mate so pm me some figures