Fitting a BMC Induction Kit - Updated Pictures 12/08/2008

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
blackgti
Bronze Member

Fitting a BMC Induction Kit - Updated Pictures 12/08/2008

Post by blackgti »

:D Hey all BlackGTi sorry I'm on uk-mkivs.net (aka AnniGTI) alot of the time now!, well this is a walk though on how to fit a BMC Induction kit to your Polo GTi's.

Above is my engine before removing the filter. There are four 5mm allen key bolts holding the engine fasica on, remove these. For others who has the original VW fitment just remove the original OEM box. There is two bolts holding it on I think (I did this a year ago!! so hard to remember) and it should come off with ease.

Below is the unit that you should of ordered. All parts required are supplied in the box as well not just the filter

Right your engine head should be showing now and you should be ready to take off the oem air filter.

This is what your engine should look like after you have removed the box. So time to put on the BMC induction kit 8)

Install the SAC - 09070, 90 degree rubber tube to your throttle body and tighten the jublie clip.

Then fit the breather filter SA16 - 40 Crankcase breather to your crankcase pipe, you might need a small sort of copper pipe to go inside the crankcase pipe and the filter I did.

Then fit the BMC filter and again tighten the jublie clip.

Then fit the bracket to hold the filter, You will need to shorten the bracket as I have here to stop the ends hitting the engine head and the carbon fibr body of the filter. Just a junior hacksaw required and a file to smooth the edges down.

Install the feed pipe where you like but I did mine here, as air is rammed up from the air intake under the left side of the bumper. This is in the picture below.

Like this, I removed the original air feed from inside the engine bay but left the one from the bumper.

Here you see that I have brought an extra 50mm air feed pipe to go from the 70mm pipe to the filter.There is a reduction piece supplied to do this as well so I used it for this purpose. I have also used part of the original air feed piping to go into the BMC induction kit. A slight trimming of the outter edge maybe required to get it to sit in side of the BMC filter. Once this is done tighten remaining jublie clips, and refit the engine fasica.

8) :lol: And here it is the finished product!!!! :twisted: Start her up and take it for a ride you'll love it. Honest :wink:

If you would like to know more info msm/pm me.
Last edited by blackgti on Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
KarlM
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by KarlM »

Bloody 'ell! that was quick! :lol: 8)
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

KarlM wrote:Bloody 'ell! that was quick! :lol: 8)
Hey there I know I dont hang around, just like me car now :lol:

Anyway your welcome
KarlM

Post by KarlM »

have you ever thought about leaving of the black cam cover? the block looks quite cool without it
J-O
Bronze Member

Post by J-O »

:shock: :shock: The air intake is on the right?????? mine is on the left :?:

On thing you should do to have more fresh ('cause the way you did it, I thinkg the air as time to take the heat of the motor...) is to take the air directly behind the front grill.....just make a hole and I guess that will be better.

Are you thinking of calculatin th power increase? 'cause I'de be interested to know what's the result.

anyway nice pics and description....
J-O
Bronze Member

Post by J-O »

is it vera noisy? less that the prevois filter you had?

and how much did it cost?
MYpoloGti
Getting There!

Post by MYpoloGti »

http://www.passionmotorsport.co.uk/BMC7.htm
is your m8 any cheaper then these guys?
they sell it for 200 quid

thx
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

Hey All

First of all

KarlM
I am thinking about it but not 100% sure might take it off sometime this month. :)

J-O
Hey there well I have thought about taking the airfeed from behind the grill but the air really doesnt have time to warm up as the quicker the engine is running boy oh boy the faster the air flow and my mate showed me how much faster and its powerful as it really does pull air in really fast.

Also this induction kit has a really nice note to it, but its less noisey than my pipercross induction kit, which is nice as I like the suttleness of the sound of it.

I'll look at taking it to a rolling road if theres another meet going on at a R.R.

MyPoloGTI

Hey there dude drop him a line and say that Courtney sent you and he'll be happy to help you, I think his retail price for the kit is £185 inc vat. So give him a call.

Cheers
vwpower
Bronze Member

Post by vwpower »

DO YOU CUT THE ORIGINAL AIR FILTER BOX? ON THE SPACE WHERE YOU PUT THE FILTER?
polo2k

Post by polo2k »

vw power mtey, its above shift and below tab. please use it
vwpower
Bronze Member

Post by vwpower »

LAST NIGHT I went to the drag strip. Is a 1/8 mile Drag racing strip.

I race against a same polo
A 9N 1.6 4 doors.
The only difference was the wheels. He has R15 oms wheels and his POlo was 2 month old and mine 10 months of use. He has any setup on the motor.

I had the 14 metal wheels with plastic plates. And of course what the them is about the air filter setup.

We run 3 times becouse he couldn´t beliveit

The first time I win was about half a car
and the next 2 times was for less.

Timming.

Before I put the air filter I run 12.60
Last night I run 12.30

So It really helps allot.

*******HE COULD NOT BELIVE IT BECOUSE HE DIDNT´T KNOW OF THE AIR FILTER***** He think I was stock as him :roll:
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

Hey everyone if you are interested my friend at eurodubs can supply the BMC kit for £165 all included so can anyone else beat that.

Hope you are interested.
2hot4u
New

Post by 2hot4u »

“Then fit the breather filter SA16 - 40 Crankcase breather to your crankcase pipe, you might need a small sort of copper pipe to go inside the crankcase pipe and the filter I didâ€
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I think DubStyle can do them cheaper than that...

Post on the Dubstyle section of the forum to get a quote.
blackgti
Bronze Member

Post by blackgti »

[quote="2hot4u"]“Then fit the breather filter SA16 - 40 Crankcase breather to your crankcase pipe, you might need a small sort of copper pipe to go inside the crankcase pipe and the filter I didâ€