Tyre Shine!!?

Detailing & Bodywork
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Tyre Shine!!?

Post by tom-polo53 »

Whats the best tyre shine out there do you reckon?

Dont mind how much £. Just want one that makes my tyres look like it has come out of the factory again!

got one that messes up my alloys :(

cheers in advance
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

I used some spray-on type once, it was crappy, did a nice job of making the wheels black, but first bit of water and the stuff went everywhere over the alloy... crap

I now use "Meguiars Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel", applied using one of their application pads, looks great and does not go anywhere else and lasts for weeks too

8)

"Endurance High Gloss Tyre Protection Gel

Never has a tyre looked so good for so long. The unique chemistry of Endurance stops tyres from turning brown and keeps them black for weeks, through snow, rain or shine.

473ml - £6.99" :D great stuff, lasts long (wont run out quick) and smells good too lol
Si_GTi

Post by Si_GTi »

Meguiars is pretty damn good stuff aye. I use Autoglym myself, a liquid tyre dressing the name of which I don't know - I get it via a reseller so its in a trade bottle not a retail one :oops:

I put it on with Meguiars application pads too, they're really good and highly recommended IMO :wink:

I'd get the Meguiars if I were you Tom, top stuff.

Cheers
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

cheers lads. trip to halfords tomorrow then!
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

good good :)
tom-polo53
Bronze Member

Post by tom-polo53 »

bought some on saturday- BRILLIANT STUFF!

Cheers for that
inder
Platinum Member

Post by inder »

Excellent 8)
Besian
New

Post by Besian »

Hey just use a bottle with water and 3 tablespoon with sugar dissolved in the water. And then using a spray just spray all the tyre. Leave for 10 minutes and the wheels are black again.

Nice trick.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Wow old thread.

how long does the sugar and water trick last then? Is it durable?
davieo_04
New

Post by davieo_04 »

some advice, don't use autoglym instant tyre dressing. It stain's the wall of your tyre a brown colour, don't know why this is but it is cack looking. Have a feelin its because of the tyre stretching or heating when driving hard.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

The stuff I use also does this. It's from Turtle Wax. My thoery is that they use some sort of stain which oxidises quickly which turns into that brown mess.
davieo_04
New

Post by davieo_04 »

i found that mag's hot shine and their tyre gel don't seem to do this, them men have her sussed out!...lol but the hot shine stains your drive!
92 rocks
Bronze Member

Post by 92 rocks »

just go to main dealer with your empty bottle and ask them for some, they will normally fill the bottle for a fiver
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

92 rocks wrote:just go to main dealer with your empty bottle and ask them for some, they will normally fill the bottle for a fiver
Main Dealers for what now?
92 rocks
Bronze Member

Post by 92 rocks »

Tim_GTi wrote:
92 rocks wrote:just go to main dealer with your empty bottle and ask them for some, they will normally fill the bottle for a fiver
Main Dealers for what now?

any main dealer has a valet bay normally just butter them up offer a fiver or so they will gladly sell you some tyre shine from their bay normally bearin in mind they prob buy in 25L capacities like me :)