Scratch removal from glass by Zombie!

Detailing & Bodywork
ZOMBIE
Bronze Member

Scratch removal from glass by Zombie!

Post by ZOMBIE »

Hi, ive seen several topics about peoples problems with scratches in glass and I have the ultimate cheap remedy that does work without hours of elbow grease!!
When I was doing bodywork some 80grit paper managed to catch the glass- I tried polishing this out with a dremel and jewelers rough but it took hours and wasnt that good.
The best way to do it is to use ordinary car laquer spray and spray over the scratched area- then cut it back using a very mild cutting compound like g3- this will get rid of the laguer surrounding the scratch and leave the scratch filled to the same level as the glass, It does work!! try it and let me know your results! :)
GroovyCarrot
Sponsor

Post by GroovyCarrot »

Hmm.. I may try this, I've got loads of scratch marks from wet + dry on my windscreen and have been trying to work out a way of removing them. Does it affect the way water runs off the screen, or does it make the wipers jump? I'm a bit nervous of putting stuff on my screen that isn't designed to go there..
ZOMBIE
Bronze Member

Post by ZOMBIE »

I should imagine it would be fine, the principle behind it is that the laquer fills the gap [scratch] in the glass and makes the surface level/ even... Id give it a go,It works for me! :)