Cleaning Upholstery

Detailing & Bodywork
Sadgeek
Getting There!

Cleaning Upholstery

Post by Sadgeek »

Guys,

Any recommendations for a wet'n dry vac to get my seats and carpets cleaned?

I've got a aquavac that is just too bulky to use inside, and I'm hoping that someone will know of anything smaller.

Thanks
Scorpio1
Gold Member

Post by Scorpio1 »

I know it sounds silly, but a much cheaper way is, a can of Groom and a soft interior brush. Much quicker and cheaper I have found.

But if you really do want a vac, maybe try Argos etc
hayesey
Silver Member

Post by hayesey »

i just use the spray-can upholstery cleaner u can buy. spray it on & then brush it off. seems to work fine. dont u have a nozzle attachment thingy on ur aqua-vac u can use??
simon pope
Bronze Member

Post by simon pope »

cleaned my car seats yesterday using a VAX cleaner and ol my god were they s**t, started in the back seats but they were not too bad, when i came to do the front seats it was just like i had filled the bucket with a muddy puddle, they were proper bogging, it was quite embarrasing really, now they are spotles again, so a VAX is highly recommended so much better than the s**t u get in cans!!!!!
john41
New
Drives: VW polo

Re: Cleaning Upholstery

Post by john41 »

Hi,

Can you suggest me some homemade techniques to clean Professional carpet cleaning Kamloopsthe carpet and not destroying the texture of carpet? Once I tried to clean my carpet on my own but my carpet was destroyed completely. So now I don't want to do that again.

Thanks
Last edited by john41 on Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

A decent auto interior shampoo (either foam based in a can, or spray based like Autoglym interior shampoo) and a soft brush works well
christies
New
Drives: vw polo gti

Post by christies »

I found this general article about carpet cleaning - https://wimbledon-cleaning-services.co. ... -cleaning/ to have helped me a lot since I wanted to do the same.
It's important to use the right vac that has strong suction, tight filters in it, and strong products since you can get a smell that you wouldn't want after they are dry. I made that mistake once, so keep that in mind.