This DVD player I'm after - Has anyone got it?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
ModifiedMadness
Sponsor

Post by ModifiedMadness »

As Dan says, each store will be different. A lot like VW Dealers, some are utter s**t where as others can be really good.

I still use Comet as it's not badly priced and they have some good choice, I just hate the manager, everyone else seems ok. There's one instance, I went in there to get a freeview box, I'm standing there looking towards 3 of them standing talking to each other who just look at me and turn away (ginger manager included) and carry on talking!

I felt that I shouldn't have to have called one of them over, maybe I'm just stuborn.

So cut a long story short I went to Currys :lol:

But I got my Tom Tom from Comet and they were very helpful.
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

sorry to bring up this topic again but i've done a bit of research.
as far as i'm aware, and my store is concerned,

an hdmi-->dvi cable is, for some reason, not available to buy at Comet. we sell hdmi-->hdmi and dvi-->dvi cables.
(CymruPolo) will need an hdmi-->hdmi cable witha dvi adaptor (both seperate items) if u were to buy from Comet (which i doubt is the case now :) )
when the store told u it didn't exist, they weren't totally wrong, they just meant at comet to purchase! silly i know :lol:

they do exist though because one of our HD tvs has one on it which was sent to us by the cable manufacturer themselves!!

hope this clears up some points

regards

dan
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

some people eh? did u manage to get one then?? apparently there r some very good online dealers that stock them!!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

well at work we use a company called Monster and they are some of the best in the world! gold plated, fully sealed leads (so no air gets to the wires and corrodes).
some bands use monster cables in their recording studios and probably on their tours!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Monster-Cable-HDM ... dZViewItem

try that, seems like a good deal, will come from USA tho!
brand brand new ones are like $100-$200!!!!

if not, then a dvi adaptor it is for about £30 with a hdmi-->hdmi lead for around £70, all monster stuff. as i said it is good quality stuff!
Hope this helps u out matey!!