What you dudes reckon?

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo

Will my GT looks stupid with BBS RA's but OE ride height?

Yes get it slammed or leave it stock!
No votes
Nah, it will look fine, get em banged on!
38%
Does look good, but would look better on 40mm springs.
63%

Total votes: 8

Jordan142
New

What you dudes reckon?

Post by Jordan142 »

I've just got a nice set of BBS RA's from me mate, and wanna fit them to my car, but I REALLY dont wanna lower my car as it's only a runaround, and I can't be arsed with avoiding speed humps like the plague!

So been as tho I'm bored at work, what better than to start a POLL !

It will look like CARPY's but Royal Blue (hope ya dont mind mate): -

SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

one thing i would say, i'd keep an eye out for a G40 set up. the G40 is dropped a few mm than standard. it looks great on the bbs's and you won't have any problems with a harsh ride, or speed bumps! :lol:
pettsy

Post by pettsy »

SpikeyG40 wrote:one thing i would say, i'd keep an eye out for a G40 set up. the G40 is dropped a few mm than standard. it looks great on the bbs's and you won't have any problems with a harsh ride, or speed bumps! :lol:
yeah,i fitted G40 springs to my old gt,while there wasn't much difference in height,it certainly seemed stiffer through the corners
Jordan142
New

Post by Jordan142 »

Does anyone sell G40 springs then? I take it I can just fit them to my GT shocks?
polokris
Silver Member

Post by polokris »

yee, they'll go on the original shocks....

it will look fine without lowering it.... if its just your run around??
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Get some eibach springs and koni shocks. It hardly lowers the back end and does the front a bit.
I had the eibachs on my pervious runabout and it was very comfortable and safe over speed bumps.

Infact my runabout now has 40mm FK suspension which is possibly slightly lower and never persents a problem to me. I can get away with speed bumps and the like. i do avaoid stuff in the road, but thats me being paranoid.
Jordan142
New

Post by Jordan142 »

Where is the best place to purchase dude? How much did ya pay for ya FK's?
gary87
Getting There!

Post by gary87 »

i think a sensible drop would suit the car really well.

one thing i seem to notice is that a lot of the members seem to like arch trims on their Polo Coupe's. does no1 think that they look better without!?
Bridgey
New

Post by Bridgey »

slam it!
bell
New

Post by bell »

gary87 wrote:i think a sensible drop would suit the car really well.

one thing i seem to notice is that a lot of the members seem to like arch trims on their Polo Coupe's. does no1 think that they look better without!?
i prefer without but its gt and g40 ownership that states you must like (i did like them on my g40 many moons ago)

slammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm it :D
CARPY25
New

Post by CARPY25 »

Gt's are already 20mm lower than cl's so as 40mm springs (standard G40) are only 20mm lower than the standard GT springs it wont make that much difference

my Gt standard springs

my mates Gt parked in the same place with 40mm front and 70mm rears (now removed and 40mm fitted all round )

you can see the extra 1/2 inch on the BBS but is the hight difference worth the hassle of changing springs dont get me wrong if i need to change springs then 40mm would be my first choice

Rob :)
Jordan142
New

Post by Jordan142 »

Bloody hell that 1/2 inch really does make a difference on the ra's dude !
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

Gt's are already 20mm lower than cl's so as 40mm springs (standard G40) are only 20mm lower than the standard GT springs it wont make that much difference
im pretty sure GT & cl suspension is the same, only difference is G40 springs are about 20mm lower
CARPY25
New

Post by CARPY25 »

robz wrote:
im pretty sure GT & cl suspension is the same, only difference is G40 springs are about 20mm lower

i'm sure i read somewhere that a Gt was 20mm lower than a cl but not certain but my mates green gt is -40mm of the full standard hight and although it is lower than mine it's not 40mm lower maybe the springs are shagged on mine :oops:

Rob
robz
Gold Member

Post by robz »

yeah i think its prob the old springs, i lowered my old GT 40mm & although it did look a good bit lower but wouldnt say it lookd 40mm.