steering wheels!

Chat about your MKIII (86C) inc GT/G40 Polo
SpikeyG40

steering wheels!

Post by SpikeyG40 »

hey hey, just went to put my nice new sports steering wheel on and found its going to take alot longer than i first thought! basically, on the boss kit the shaft is thinner than that thats on the car! but as most of ya probably no there is like an extension or kinda spacer thingy that converts to the larger shaft! as i already knew that this spacer or extension has to come off, i borrowed a bearing puller from work to take it off! wot i am wondering, does that this spacer go all the way to that spring that is round the shaft or is there two bits? as far as i can see, it looks like one bit so when u take it off the spring will loose its tension! is this right? have i got the right boss kit? if anyone could help, it would make me a bit happier! :cry:
sorry if i haven't explained it well, if it helps, the boss kit should fit straight onto the shaft fitted to the earlier mk2 polos!
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Sounds like you have the wrong boss.
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

phoned demon tweeks who i got the boss kit off, they said that should be the right one, but we weren't happy with the finish so they sent me out a momo one instead! it turned up the next day and was exactly wot we expected! this one is fine and should take no time to put on yay!!! pics soon
hardhitter

Post by hardhitter »

Glad you sorted it out.
What make was the other boss, out of interest and what steering wheel ?
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

the other boss was made by "mountney"! the manufacture of the boss kit was very poor! i wouldn't advise them!
the steering wheel is made by an italian company called "S racing"! steering wheel is 330mm and is black with silver trim, as i said i'll get some pics as soon as its on! :lol:
SpikeyG40

Post by SpikeyG40 »

hey, finally got it fitted! the momo one was a straight swap! the onnly slight problem i found was that the contact for the horn needed to be slightly bent so that it would connect on the hub ring! after a bit of tweeking it was all sorted! here's a pic!
nice thing is, its a little smaller than my old one so i can fit in the car better! (i am rather tall!!)