VW Alarm

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
ticki
Sponsor

VW Alarm

Post by ticki »

Hi All

My Alarm is keeps going off at the slightest bit of wind, or if so much as breath on the car.

Can anybody help me?

Can I adjust the sensitivity at all?

Thanks
thedees1
Sponsor

Re: VW Alarm

Post by thedees1 »

ticki wrote:Hi All

My Alarm is keeps going off at the slightest bit of wind, or if so much as breath on the car.

Can anybody help me?

Can I adjust the sensitivity at all?

Thanks
I know how you feel i had this once but it wasnt the wind after hours of investagation. there was a bloody huge blue bottle fly in the car i never noticed hiding. it kept landing on the sensor. after i squashed it it solved the problem
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

LOL :lol:
Dangerous Dave
Silver Member

Post by Dangerous Dave »

You can adjust the sensitivity of the internal sensor with vagcom, vagcom will also register what sensor is setting the alarm off in the first place. It could also be the senor is faulty.

I had a similair problem with the alarm going off on mine and I thought it was the wind, turned out it was the rear washer jet doing its old trick off leaking and it was shorting the boot switch setting the alarm off. A good hint if it is this is that the boot open light on the dash would very lightly flicker every so often as it uses the same switch for this as the alarm.
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Dangerous Dave wrote:You can adjust the sensitivity of the internal sensor with vagcom, vagcom will also register what sensor is setting the alarm off in the first place. It could also be the senor is faulty.

I had a similair problem with the alarm going off on mine and I thought it was the wind, turned out it was the rear washer jet doing its old trick off leaking and it was shorting the boot switch setting the alarm off. A good hint if it is this is that the boot open light on the dash would very lightly flicker every so often as it uses the same switch for this as the alarm.
Sounds very likely. I am slamming the the doors and hatch quite hard to shut them proper. Do you think a bit of lubrication might help?
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Funny that you mention it. The boot light is coming up on the dash sometime after driving, I stop the car, and check the boot, and it feels secure. Shut the boot again light goes off for a little while then comes on again.

HELP!!! :?
Ant_43
Bronze Member

Post by Ant_43 »

I've had this problem before, with the exact same symptoms. I'd suggest taking off the plastic cover to the inside of the boot door and check the washer hose.

To remove it you need to undo 2 hex head screws i think and just unclip the rest carefully. Make sure the hose is all connected properly and while you're there take a peek at the lock inside - there'll probably be washer fluid lurking around.

When it happened to me i had to replace the lock part, cos it had shorted the circuit and no longer worked properly.

Good luck

Ant
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Ant_43 wrote:I've had this problem before, with the exact same symptoms. I'd suggest taking off the plastic cover to the inside of the boot door and check the washer hose.

To remove it you need to undo 2 hex head screws i think and just unclip the rest carefully. Make sure the hose is all connected properly and while you're there take a peek at the lock inside - there'll probably be washer fluid lurking around.

When it happened to me i had to replace the lock part, cos it had shorted the circuit and no longer worked properly.

Good luck

Ant
Thanks mate I will give that a go this weekend