Top steering wheels

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
ticki
Sponsor

Top steering wheels

Post by ticki »

Who do you think make the best looking steering wheels?
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

I believe that Momo do the best looking aftermarket steering wheels.

A lot of cars at last year's shows were running 280/300mm Momo Team steering wheels. They did look damn good, but somewhat impractical.
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Ollie_R wrote:but somewhat impractical.
Go on, I'm listening.
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Well, I wouldn't have first-hand experience, but I'd say parallell parking with a 280mm steering wheel would be a little harder than with the much larger stock 6N2 wheel.
djiinn
New

Post by djiinn »

is it true if you get an aftermarket wheel you cant get an MOT.

your polo in blue looks the bizness btw
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Isotta do some nice steering wheels, since a few of them on show cars but they are more for looks than practicality imo...

Yeah, Ollie, your Polo looks sweet, almost makes me want to trade mine in for something blue...do you have photos up on the members rides?
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

cyhliu wrote:Isotta do some nice steering wheels, since a few of them on show cars but they are more for looks than practicality imo...

Yeah, Ollie, your Polo looks sweet, almost makes me want to trade mine in for something blue...do you have photos up on the members rides?
Thanks for the compliments :D

Yeah, I have a thread in members rides, and a progress thread somewhere in the Mk5 thread.

Are you still hunting for a spare 16" RXII?
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Ollie, are you going to be my saviour and tell me you have one you are willing to give me for free? ha ha ha!

Yeah, still on the look out for one, will check out your motor in a mo...done some nice work on it...
Ollie_R
Sponsor

Post by Ollie_R »

Haha, no I haven't got a spare one, just four of them in my garage, wrapped in a blanket, waiting for spring so they can go back on the car for show season :D

My Dad has a tyre and wheel place in Croydon, and he's always getting part exchanges. I he gets a set, I'll keep you in mind. He actually has a spare centre lying around, would that be any help to you?
ticki
Sponsor

Post by ticki »

Ollie_R wrote:Well, I wouldn't have first-hand experience, but I'd say parallell parking with a 280mm steering wheel would be a little harder than with the much larger stock 6N2 wheel.
There seems to be alot of play in the GTi steering, I has hoping a smaller steering wheel would combat that.
Dee-vub
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Dee-vub »

I'd defo say momo or isotta for looks. I have a mountney one, and its ok.....nice grip to it, good size, but isn't as good looking as the momo's and isotta's, but thats why i only paid £50 instead £180 etc
cyhliu
Platinum Member

Post by cyhliu »

Ollie,

Yeah, please do, let me know if your dad gets a set or just the one in, thanks, don't really need the centre thanks!

Chris