6n, fitting GT camshaft

Post Instructions on DIY modifications here - use all information with caution!
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jaycee wrote: my hat goes of to the guy who started this post and jarno for there efforts
cheers m8, always glad to help other Polo-enthusiasts out, driven it yet? Has the feeling?
jaycee
New

Post by jaycee »

no not driven yet still waiting for some more parts to get it mot`d , i have bought one for my dads 6n 1050 cc still yet to fit and hardcore`s is to be fitted as soon as he gets a new gearbox !!

my cousin is after one to however his is the 1.4 8 v multi point injection ! im assuming this is still the same cam as the 1.3 ?? so should be a good mod for his too unless you know otherwise ?
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

jaycee wrote: my cousin is after one to however his is the 1.4 8 v multi point injection ! im assuming this is still the same cam as the 1.3 ?? so should be a good mod for his too unless you know otherwise ?
Jup, fits like a glove 8)
jaycee
New

Post by jaycee »

jarno , you know of any mods to the ignition system that can be done ?
Mike-Mk4
New

Post by Mike-Mk4 »

Does anybody know how many MM difference is in this cam on the actual Pushers (forgot the name now!)

Or what extra a Polo could take?

Mike
jaycee
New

Post by jaycee »

right got the polo back on the road and can confirm this mod is very good the engine revs up quicker and revs out longer and actually hits the limiter now where as before it didnt ! however the engine still dies of death in 5th gear but that because off the lack off a 4 branch manifold and intake restriction (manifold) and the fueling side of things

although me being me ! im allready thinking of a wilder cam even before the other mods ! so that does say how much difference this has done or a shrick wouldnt even be thought off ..
so come on shane ! aka " hardcore" lets see what it does for a 1.4 multi point ! i would imagine more to be gained from your setup :D
jaycee
New

Post by jaycee »

right got the polo back on the road and can confirm this mod is very good the engine revs up quicker and revs out longer and actually hits the limiter now where as before it didnt ! however the engine still dies of death in 5th gear but that because off the lack off a 4 branch manifold and intake restriction (manifold) and the fueling side of things

although me being me ! im allready thinking of a wilder cam even before the other mods ! so that does say how much difference this has done or a shrick wouldnt even be thought off ..
so come on shane ! aka " hardcore" lets see what it does for a 1.4 multi point ! i would imagine more to be gained from your setup :D
jaycee
New

Post by jaycee »

bouzel
Bronze Member

Re: 6n, fitting GT camshaft

Post by bouzel »

Would this work on the 6n2 1.0, without any problems?
Many thanks
Anis
JarnoVWPolo6N
Gold Member

Re: 6n, fitting GT camshaft

Post by JarnoVWPolo6N »

bouzel wrote:Would this work on the 6n2 1.0, without any problems?
Many thanks
Anis
Would work yes, but it's not the engine to get much out of as a result, for instance, a 10% increase of 50bhp is not very much, surely since the 1.0 engines are not the best in valvediameter and head/inlet-ports