transformation from scrapper to euro 6n polo

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
mk4mike
Bronze Member

transformation from scrapper to euro 6n polo

Post by mk4mike »

just wanted to let you know who i am and say hello, maybe post some pix that may be of help to anyone with a mk4 polo 6n of which i own and am currently doing up, have been for the last 6 months and should be for a while longer due to really freakish weather.
hope you will like my pix and this topic thanx mike

MAKE: polo

MODEL: 6N

CC: 1.4CL

BODY: fully smoothed with 6n2 mk5 rear parts

SUSPENTION: venom coilovers

WHEELS: 13" starmags

TYRES: 175/50/13
Last edited by mk4mike on Fri Apr 04, 2008 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
mk4mike
Bronze Member

this is the 6n as i baught it

Post by mk4mike »

mk4mike
Bronze Member

new parts

Post by mk4mike »

first things first i panel beat the dent out the back rear quater and got a new door

new wing

and new bonnet

CraigMK4
Silver Member

Post by CraigMK4 »

Hi Mike welcome to the forum!

Looks like you've got yourself a nice little project there! What's the plans aside from the obvious restoration?

Craig
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

well i'll be posting the pix up so you will see anyways but basically i'm going for a baby blue and black look, it's nearly ready for spraying now but its the bloody weather thats stopping me.
i have all the parts for it like wheels and mirrors bumpers ect but can't put um on untill its sprayed, oh i also have done sumin a bit different by putting the mk5 6n2 boot lid and rear lights on it and smoothed the body under the lights to make it all flush but you will see soon.
CraigMK4
Silver Member

Post by CraigMK4 »

Sounds good 8) interested to see it painted with that mk5 rear end, haven't seen one in that colour before tbh!
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

as you can see its all out and in the bin it went

the bonnet had a few scrap yard dents

kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

well as someone is actually doing this, a qustion i have seen people ask is will a mk5 boot fit straight onto a mk4 or did u need to do some body changing?
dragon_green
Gold Member

Post by dragon_green »

Nice work there chap. Looks like there's a couple of 6n's being repaired on here at the minute.

If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much do you expect it will cost in total to repair? And how much are you doing yourself (especially paintwise!)

Thanks
Anthony
taylor86
Getting There!

Post by taylor86 »

been watching this on clubpolo cant wait for it to be finished. keep up the good work 8) 8)
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

dragon_green wrote:Nice work there chap. Looks like there's a couple of 6n's being repaired on here at the minute.

If you don't mind me asking, roughly how much do you expect it will cost in total to repair? And how much are you doing yourself (especially paintwise!)

Thanks
Anthony
well to fix my car i went down local scrap yard and found the same colour polo and got the drivers side door wing bonnet and cross member all for £50 bargin.
i'm doing the whole thing myself mate i'm fully qualified in paint and body so big help there
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

kipper wrote:well as someone is actually doing this, a qustion i have seen people ask is will a mk5 boot fit straight onto a mk4 or did u need to do some body changing?
yes it fits straight on but the mk4 has a swage line across the back and the mk5 doesn't so i flushed it all in
mk4mike
Bronze Member

Post by mk4mike »

rear quater dent filled and smoothed

smoothed my side repeaters

primered the car

mk5 tailgate just put on no modifications

got ready for welding plates in

JoeG07
Gold Member

Post by JoeG07 »

mate i am actually really excited for this project! I have read so many "hello im dave ive got a mk4 polo and ive put clear indicaters and a debadged grille on it" this is awesome to see and respect for doing the work yourself. Make sure u keep us posted!
kipper
Platinum Member

Post by kipper »

mike, when u say your qualified in the painting and im guessing looking at the pics welding and body work department, do u have your own paint shop or u doing it outside? im interested in getting my car repainted one day but only want a cheap but nice job.