"I Am Looking For A GTi - What Do I Need To Know?"

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
MaxZ
Platinum Member

Post by MaxZ »

Nope, I'm not sure which way around, but pre-2001 models came Satin, but post-2001 came reflex silver. I think mine is one of the later ones, but I am 100% sure that Tomo's old one was a different colour to mine.
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Ah right cool, I think your right with the Reflex Silver being psot 2001 also
Mouse_GTI
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by Mouse_GTI »

Noticed on ebay a 5 door GTI with leather AND the black seatbelts with the red stripe
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Yeh just found that, never seen the black with red stripe seat belts before, they're really nice! I've got the opposite.
chrischap2003
Bronze Member

Post by chrischap2003 »

I have black belts with red stripe ;)
solidsponge
Bronze Member

Re: "I Am Looking For A GTi - What Do I Need To Know?"

Post by solidsponge »

Is it really true about running on supreme unleaded? As any non-uneuthast will not put that petrol in and given the age of the cars and number of owners its unlikely that all owners have been putting this petrol in, garages certainly wont. There's also meant to be virtually no difference between the two fuels anyway...
Bradley
Gold Member

Re: "I Am Looking For A GTi - What Do I Need To Know?"

Post by Bradley »

solidsponge wrote:Is it really true about running on supreme unleaded? As any non-uneuthast will not put that petrol in and given the age of the cars and number of owners its unlikely that all owners have been putting this petrol in, garages certainly wont. There's also meant to be virtually no difference between the two fuels anyway...
My origional handbook states use 95 Ron or above so it's not compulsary.Im my area it's about 5p extra a litre and works out about £2 extra a full tank so i use it in my GTI as £2 is sweet FA to be fair.

Also there is a large difference in the two fuels,although not 100% beneficial on the Polo alot of turbo cars benefit hugely from it.
bradley1983
Gold Member

Re:

Post by bradley1983 »

Tim_GTi wrote:Yeh just found that, never seen the black with red stripe seat belts before, they're really nice! I've got the opposite.
I have some for sale Tim. Lol
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Re: Re:

Post by Tim_GTi »

bradley1983 wrote:
Tim_GTi wrote:Yeh just found that, never seen the black with red stripe seat belts before, they're really nice! I've got the opposite.
I have some for sale Tim. Lol
Haha, thanks mate although I have little use for them now