grey mk5 at Brands Hatch for the BTCC

Have you received a flyer or have you spotted someone? Post here!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

grey mk5 at Brands Hatch for the BTCC

Post by DanDiesel »

Spotted this parked on the South Bank at Brands Hatch. Was sitting near a load of Seats!
Was metallic grey, lowered approx 80-90mm on Ronal Turbos, debadged rear, gti splitter. Looked the part but had no club stickers in it!

anyone know it?
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

Not me, but glad to see a fellow btcc fan on here!
I assume you went then Dan? I couldn't go to this meet but hoping to get to Rockingham and Donington - Brands is my fave circuit so was pretty gutted.
Had to watch highlights replay instead. :(
Sorry - bit off topic!
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

Yeah i went, it was a great day! Gotta support the now Tdi Seat Leons!!

Jason Plato is my fave driver, he is always in the thick of the action! On the highlights, did they show Onslow-Cole's crash? Me and Doug were just round the next bend, so we missed it lol
in fact, we were probably in the worst position for the third race as we saw nothing good lol
if we had been where we'd beeb for the previous two, then we would have seen everything :(
ah well, still a great day! Brands is great, so many good spots to watch and photograph!

Hopefully should be going back in september for the last rounds of the BTCC and maybe going in July for the WTCC :D

Can't wait!!
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

Yeah, they showed his crash on the highlights - ouch!! :o
Looked like Plato pegged the back-end of Shedden and sent him off sideways - he collected Tom O-C on the way! It wasn't Plato's fault necessarily though - there was a genuine gap on the inside but Shedden moved over to close the door a little.
I like Plato and Turkington - met them both at a show they did in MK and had to get photographs taken with them as my company were providing some of the support for the event. Both really good guys.
Definitely getting to Brands later this year for the final rounds - I always sit over at the Paddock grandstand.
It's the only corner that I find you can see about 80% of the circuit from and for just a tenner extra. :D
dino
Sponsor

Post by dino »

Also hoping to get to Donny, not a big fan of Rockingham - the spectators area is not my fave. 8)
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

charlie, when ya next go, post up on here and we'll see who else is going! meet up on the day or something?
charlievwp
Gold Member

Post by charlievwp »

:idea: Yeah definitely!
Can't go to rockingham as i'm in london at marathon (and its also gti meet at the pod) :(
Not at donington either - kiddie b'day party to go to :(
The 4 after that are a bit far for me to go to, so looks like i'll only get to Silverstone and Brands at the end of the season....not gonna let anything get in the way of those dates though!

Here's the crash.... click here
DanDiesel
Sponsor

Post by DanDiesel »

cool, the final rounds at Brands are in September on the 20/21st! :D
nickb
New

Post by nickb »

this was me...was parked with the seats as my mate is part of seat cupra.net, and he got the parking passes for free or summat