Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
JackClap
Bronze Member

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - Couple of vids Page 46!

Post by JackClap »

Sounds immense!
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

JackClap wrote:Sounds immense!
Cheers Jack 8)
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
Trottagti wrote:Needs superharging tbh haha. Sounds the nuts but I couldn't live with that for a daily, your lucky to have the polo mate....

When my quad sells its getting a rotrex system fitted.... Gona be immense...
:mrgreen: Good Lad!
Its pretty loud mate but a lot better than it was, probably around the 105db mark at the moment compared to 120 with the un-silenced b-pipe.
Good choice with the rotorex :) they do wine like mad though, should be pretty loud inside the car lol
Jrsc ones do wine like a charger but the rotrex is more like a turbo noise. Apparently hardly noticeable but il make it loud ha.......
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Are you not tempted by a TDI North Turbo kit fella :wink: 5K but you would decimate all 8)

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

6N2 GTI 00 wrote:
alexperkins wrote:Does sound pretty sweet i must say.
Cheers Alex :)
It's a bit more refined now because previously it was too loud for daily use

How's the ED30 going mate? You done much more too her recently
Yeah I know what you mean

ED30 is good buddy. Got the xenon auto levelling setup to install in the next few weeks so it can comply with the new MOT laws for its soon coming MOT

Ive been focusing more on the Polo to be fair. Springs, exhaust, bits and pieces etc

Might do a few more bits to the eddy in the new year...we will see!
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

:shock: fook me lol, trouble is with that much power I would need a rebuilt gearbox and then sort out internals perhaps, with a tiny 300bhp lol, it's all ok on engine and box. Iv still got to sell me quad yet ha...
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

alexperkins wrote: Yeah I know what you mean

ED30 is good buddy. Got the xenon auto levelling setup to install in the next few weeks so it can comply with the new MOT laws for its soon coming MOT

Ive been focusing more on the Polo to be fair. Springs, exhaust, bits and pieces etc

Might do a few more bits to the eddy in the new year...we will see!
Sounds good mate
Had mine MOT'd last month and I expected it to fail due to having an aftermarket 6000K HID kit but they passed it without even mentioning it.

What's the current spec of the ED30 now then dude? You still running the bluefin?
Trottagti wrote::shock: fook me lol, trouble is with that much power I would need a rebuilt gearbox and then sort out internals perhaps, with a tiny 300bhp lol, it's all ok on engine and box. Iv still got to sell me quad yet ha...
Gearbox is good to handle around the 450bhp mark mate its tough as nails, it doesn't need to be touched unless you go down the absolute mega power route.
As for the engine internals they are stable at 400bhp on the EP3 so you could happily run a turbo with sensible boost 8) something to think about fella, chargers are great too but you will get a lot more torque with a turbo kit.
LSD would be essential to put down that kind of power though and a decent set of brakes to stop the thing. I think keeping it N/A is great though, especially if you can get around the 260/270 mark
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Yeah but if I'm spending the money I want the best gains. So i think it's now 350 bhp, I can add a intercooler once i get my limited slip diff..... Can't wait ha...

NA power is sick but all that potential just sitting there is to much. Ariel atom under the hood yo..!
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

That's true mate but you want to make sure its useable power because its all about putting it down, best value for money is either a supercharger or a Turbo but given the choice I would probably go down the turbo route for the extra low down grunt plus the fuel economy would be better on a turbo kit

LSD FTW! Got to be done, I cant wait to get mine done next year :)
Stage 1 Exedy clutch, Fidenza lightweight flywheel, M Factory LSD and M Factory 5.10 Final Drive :mrgreen: stunning combination lol
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Had a massive talk with every1 at work today and I can't turbo or supercharge the civic as I need to stop spending big on cars lol...!

So raw na power it is, dc5 cams etc etc etc....

Got to save for a k100 now.... That final drive is crazy mate so easy to spin the wheels in a daily ha... Is fun on track only I think... Don't you recon?
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Its quite expensive to tune it N/A though lol spend big but keep it secret mate 8)

Raw power is the way forward though, forced induction is fun but you can't beat the power delivery of an all motor K20
Sort out an RBC, bigger throttle body, Induction kit, exhaust manifold, Cams & ECU :wink: 250+ bhp and over 170 lbs feet of torque (230NM +)

Changing the final drive is a bit extreme but a 5.10 is pretty tame compared to a 5.46, keeps the gear ratios more or less stock but gives you peak power lower down so can improve acceleration by 15-20% :D. It can cause wheel spin but it depends on the cars power really, anything N/A will be fine but a charged or turbo'd civic would struggle.
LSD is supposed to be the best value for money modification you can do to an EP3 so that coupled with a 5.10 final drive would be dynamite :mrgreen:
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Post by Endi_GTI »

Only word to say is EPIC 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Endi_GTI wrote:Only word to say is EPIC 8)
Cheers Matt 8)
daz16v
Bronze Member

Post by daz16v »

hey,bit of a random question i know, but ur localish to me.Do u no of any good bodyshops in the area as im lookin to have a bit of paintwork done next month.I ask because looks like whoever smoothed the bumpers on your old gti looks to have done a really good job
cheers
daz
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Hey Daz, yeah you are just down the road from me mate :)
I got my bumpers done at Glyn Evans Auto Clinic in Denbigh because I heard they had a good reputation and they are literally a 30 second walk from my work.

They tend to deal with car accident repairs rather than modifications but they don't mind doing other bits & bos too, they even tried to persuade me to smooth the doors on my car too but at the time I didn't have the cash lol. Their telephone number is 01745 815141

There are a couple of places in Rhyl too but I haven't really tried them before so can't comment on the quality of work.

Are you looking to get your bumpers smoothed then mate?