Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - 255bhp NA

A section of the forum for members to show off their non-polo vehicles.
6N2 GTI 00
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: North Wales, Denbighshire - Drives 255bhp EP3 Type R!

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - New Update Page 44

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Yeah I remember reading it in the service history when I bought the car, I couldn't believe it :shock: how petty can they be!

We had the hose pipe ban in what March/April time due to severe "drought" and now all we see is flood warnings on the TV LOL :mrgreen: what a joke the UK is now
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Pics looking good mate!

Bet it was a good day out with all the scoobies? :-)

Never heard of anything failing on insufficient windscreen wash lol I best top mine up for Saturday then :-p
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Cheers Luke :)

Yeah it was a great day with the Scoobies although not many of them wanted to play 8) good sensible crowd though

I always make sure mine is topped up now lol :) some garages are mega petty these days so it's always worth checking all the basics before it goes in for it's MOT
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

They probs didn't wanna play cos they'd use twice the fuel you did ;-)

Mines in for mot 2moro morning so gonna check a few things in the mornin with Phil

Fingers crossed
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Ashcroft wrote:They probs didn't wanna play cos they'd use twice the fuel you did ;-)

Mines in for mot 2moro morning so gonna check a few things in the mornin with Phil

Fingers crossed
Yeah Scoobies do like to drink fuel to be fair, the Civic is not much better on fuel though really
Standard the Civic does 31mpg compared to a scooby which does 27/28mpg so not a major difference

How did you get on with the MOT mate?
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

How's the spoon bung going? got it fitted yet???
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Trottagti wrote:How's the spoon bung going? got it fitted yet???
Still waiting for it to be delivered at the moment mate, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday after checking with Spoon so hopefully it will turn up today.
Not sure what it's going to sound like with the bung so my back up plan is either a Spoon B-Pipe to match up with the Spoon N1 backbox or re-fit the OEM backbox because with my current set-up it would just be pure rasp.

Hopefully it sounds alright with the bung in though because it will save me money lol
I don’t want the bung in all the time though, mainly just for long journeys because the drone is horrendous on a motorway

Going to do a decibel test in work this week so I’ll let you know how loud it actually is, I’m expecting it to be 115+ lol
Ashcroft
Gold Member

Post by Ashcroft »

Yeh mate MOT flew through with no advisories, 2 years in a row too :-D
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

We are 100% vtec friends now lol!

Can't wait to pick her up tomorrow, I'm all exited. Any tips for driving etc? Where's the vin plate aswell? Want to check as much as I can mate. Did you fit the tegiwa airbox yourself? Going to get one of those bad boys after bodywork is sorted. How much have you swapped over yourself regards upgrades mate? Want yo do as much as I can myself.
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Sorry mate I didn't notice your last post

Made up you got an EP3 dude, best choice financially and due to the lower compression K20A2 engine they give the best power gains 8)

Driving wise just give it a good thrashing :) don't be afraid to take it into the redline, its what they are built for and its so much fun.
VIN Plate is under the bonnet mate on the passenger side. I got my mate to help me out with the Tegiwa airbox but they are pretty easy to fit, the only difficult bit is cutting the scuttle panel because you want to get a nice neat job which thankfully my mate got spot on.

Tegiwa Airbox is the most enjoyable mod I have done probably, sounds amazing mate you will p*** yourself laughing when it's first fitted.
As for the upgrades I have only done the basics myself, most of the big bits I have got done at the garage.

You can do the exhaust system yourself and the Tegiwa but if you want to change the exhaust manifold then get it done at a garge becuase you will want to change the engine mount inserts too which means dropping the sub frame. Some people have done it at home but unless you have got a ramp its a total ball ache, garage will charge about £100 to fit the manifold & inserts so for that price I didn't think it was too bad.

How far do you want to take the car mate? Are you just going to do the basics like exhaust, induction kit & lowering etc or are you going to go nuts like me lol?

My current spec is pretty high but i'm still not satisfied i'm thinking Cams next but I have been looking at Superchargers too so don't know what to do next at the moment.

Fast road set-up should be high on your "To do" list because it transforms the handling on the car making it immense in the bends, for a good set up you will need front camber bolts, adjustable rear camber arms, lowering springs and fast road geometry so your talking about £300+ but it's worth every penny.
JDM Rear ARB is £95 and is a good upgrade, get yourself braided front brake lines with Ferodo DS2500 pads and your on to a winner.
Spoon cat back with Tegiwa Airbox and you will be smiling all day long :mrgreen:

Mine is running 242bhp at the moment and goes like hell, 0-60 is sub 6 seconds and the mid-range pull is much better now in every gear.

Need any more tips or advice just ask mate
Trottagti

Post by Trottagti »

Got to be supercharger mate ha, you on civic type r.net? Good site and the for sale section is good. So is itr dc5.net for the sale section......
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Supercharger would be crazy and make it push 310+ bhp but it's not something I can afford for a while lol
I'm only on Type R Owners at the moment mate but i'll sign up to Type R.net if its decent, always looking for parts :)
6N2 GTI 00

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Not updated this for ages!

Made a few changes to the Civic in the last 3 or 4 months, some of you would have already seen on facebook.
I haven't really got any pictures unfortunately but changes include:

- Ferodo DS2500 Front Brake Pads
- EBC Yellow Stuff Rear Pads (Total Crap - too dusty)
- Powder Coated 17" ENKIE OEM Wheels
- J's Racing Rear Upper Brace
- Spoon B-Pipe
- Piper De-Cat
- Tegiwa Fuel Rail
- Tegiwa Red Coolant Hoses
- Polished OEM Gearknob
- Private Plate K20 BEJ (need to go to the DVLA to swap it over)

I had the map tweaked last week at TDI North, it made good positive figures again of 246.8bhp and 165.9 lbs ft of torque although I did expect the torque to be slightly higher.
VTEC has been lowered to 5200rpm and the limiter is now set at 8914rpm although the power peaks at 8700rpm then drops off rapidly! Torque is really smooth and flat though

Feels so much quicker now than last time despite only having 5bhp more, throttle response is instant and the noise is just something else!

It's coming off the road at the end of this month because I have just bought my Dad's Polo TDI off him :D so I’ll be using that throughout the winter.
It’s a 6N2 1.4 TDI so it’s got torque yo! Obviously I’ll be getting it mapped :mrgreen:

Video of her on the Dyno – Limiter set at 6500rpm (first run of 26)

2013 Type R Shopping List
- M Factory LSD
- Spoon 5.1 Final Drive
- M Factory Carbon Lined Syncro's
- Findanza Flywheel
- Exedy Stage 1 Clutch
- TDI North Camshafts
- Stoptech 330mm BBK Front Brake Upgrade
- Bilstein B8 Shocks
Endi_GTI
Gold Member

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - New Update Page 45!

Post by Endi_GTI »

Sick Ben. Keep it up 8)
6N2 GTI 00

Re: Ben's Civic EP3 CTR - New Update Page 45!

Post by 6N2 GTI 00 »

Endi_GTI wrote:Sick Ben. Keep it up 8)
Cheers Matt :) still got to get you those vids too!