Anyone been to uni and had a non en-suite room in halls?

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Anyone been to uni and had a non en-suite room in halls?

Post by K.I.T.T. »

Hola,

Recently finished my degree at Durham and off to London to do my masters next month. In Durham, all the rooms were en-suite, which was cool. But at Brunel, you've got a choice. The problem is, standard rooms are already like £4.1k for the year. En-suite would come to £5.3kish a year...don't know whether it's worth it...£1k could buy more important stuff like alcohol :lol: But then again, does anyone have any horror stories of shared toilets/bathrooms/showers?

Cheers,
Ash :)
randomage
Silver Member

Re: Anyone been to uni and had a non en-suite room in halls?

Post by randomage »

It all depends where you go and how well the uni keeps the halls. I was in non ensuite halls last year and didn;t have any problems, then again i was 5 secs away from the bathroom :D It's just like living in a house with a lot of people. No biggy in my view.
Redline
Sponsor
Drives: Skoda Octavia vRS

Post by Redline »

What it comes down to is how many other people you'll be sharing bathrooms/toilets with.

Back in the day, 2003-04, I was in Castle Leazes at Newcastle Uni for my first year. For some outdated reason, the floors of the halls were split so that all one floor was male, the next all female etc.

The result being, our floor had 3 toilets and 3 showers between 14 lads. Fine during the week when the cleaners were there, less so by Sunday night! Top tip: make sure you have your own supply of toilet roll.
Coma
New

Post by Coma »

For my first year in bristol, i shared a uni accom flat with 6 people, two bathrooms.
Was fine.
Only advise is : never pass out naked in the shared bathroom.
I scarred all of my flatmates. Bless em
Silver Member

Post by 8080 »

If you go for shared bathrooms, invest in flip-flops! < that's the voice of experience there :lol: :lol:
yosin
Silver Member

Post by yosin »

i had non-ensuite in halls and would recommend to have en suite...its so much easier and better to have your own privacy and space. where as in shared anyone can be in it at whatsoever time and can be in there at random times when its most desperate lol. :shock:

plus where i lived in the halls at east london, it was absolutely dog **** lol , so bad that its being demolished lol.
Trim
New
Location: Home: Nottingham. Uni: Sheffield. Drives: 9n Sport 16v.

Post by Trim »

8080 wrote:If you go for shared bathrooms, invest in flip-flops! < that's the voice of experience there :lol: :lol:
Haha…I agree, would definitely invest in some Flip-Fops. Worth every penny from my experience.

Don’t think it’s worth paying an extra 1k for an ensuite. Beside it’s only for a year.

If possible, go have a look before you sign on the dotted line. Seeing what its like, will make you decide.
vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

dude im at brunel,gonna be in my 2nd year now and ive had loads of friends stay in the shared bathroom accommodation, DONT GET IT. its like a ghtto council flat(no offence to people who live in flats) and theres rats on that side of campus no joke dude! whenever i stayed over i used to stay in my friends halls who has his own bahroom. Its a question about ur hygeine dude. i regret driving everyday , i should of taken the halls as the first years always get priority.. hope this helps and ill see u at brunel dude!!
K.I.T.T.
Platinum Member
Drives: Bicycle

Post by K.I.T.T. »

vw55raz wrote:dude im at brunel,gonna be in my 2nd year now and ive had loads of friends stay in the shared bathroom accommodation, DONT GET IT. its like a ghtto council flat(no offence to people who live in flats) and theres rats on that side of campus no joke dude! whenever i stayed over i used to stay in my friends halls who has his own bahroom. Its a question about ur hygeine dude. i regret driving everyday , i should of taken the halls as the first years always get priority.. hope this helps and ill see u at brunel dude!!
Hey mate, cheers for the advice!

Funnily enough, I put down preference as standard non en-suite, but ended up with en-suite in the Isambard complex which was only finished last year. Guess I was lucky :)

Hopefully I'll see you round. Got facebook?

vw55raz
Gold Member

Post by vw55raz »

K.I.T.T. wrote:
vw55raz wrote:dude im at brunel,gonna be in my 2nd year now and ive had loads of friends stay in the shared bathroom accommodation, DONT GET IT. its like a ghtto council flat(no offence to people who live in flats) and theres rats on that side of campus no joke dude! whenever i stayed over i used to stay in my friends halls who has his own bahroom. Its a question about ur hygeine dude. i regret driving everyday , i should of taken the halls as the first years always get priority.. hope this helps and ill see u at brunel dude!!
Hey mate, cheers for the advice!

Funnily enough, I put down preference as standard non en-suite, but ended up with en-suite in the Isambard complex which was only finished last year. Guess I was lucky :)

Hopefully I'll see you round. Got facebook?

u got isambard!! luckyy mann, im still looking for a flat around the west london area. yeah im on facebook ill pm u