School Project

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
I-Roo
Bronze Member

School Project

Post by I-Roo »

hey im roo i havn't officially introduced my self but im 17 i come from a small towen in north yorkshire named leyburn ive got a dark blue 2001 1.4l 6n2 and im learning to drive my instructer said i should be passed first time which is good,

Basically for my A-Level ICT i have to design a website and produce it and host it, ive come up with the idea of doing sort of a polo graphics website jsut containging pictures and allowing people to comment on them and give ratings. this website will contain a section for th different models of polo but i dont mind the idea some of my friends like it and so dose my tutour. for this website im going to need alot of images of polos and this seemed to the best place to find them so im asking if people wouldn't mind me using images of there cars. i would be verry greatfull of this and would love to see some reply.s

Also doing a before and after section for each model too.

Thanks Roo,
:D

p.s. sorry about the shabby spelling mistakes.

EDIT: The website may only bee shown to the examiner and not be fully hosted on the WWW, maybe just the schools server.
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Re: School Project

Post by pip_polo »

Sounds like a good project to me, in each section there is a photography section for the cars. As far as i'm concerned, if a person posts a picture on the interwebs they don't mind people seeing it, so i'm gonna say it's ok to use them 8)

I'm sure if you did get to go live with an actual website it would be used alot by people wanting to see the different ways a polo can be modded.

Good luck :D
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

hehe thanks if i do host the website i shall try and have it linked with this forum so will need to speak to some mod's :)
Thanks again

Roo
pip_polo
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by pip_polo »

PM tim_gti and he'll give you the best advice. :)
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

thanks for the help! and i shall do that tomorrow when im sober.

Roo
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

pip_polo wrote:As far as i'm concerned, if a person posts a picture on the interwebs they don't mind people seeing it, so i'm gonna say it's ok to use them 8)
They will still be copyrighted though as if they are used without permission, its against the law, so you would have to seek the owners permission on a photo before you reproduce it on your website.
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

hmm okay so this is going to take me allot longer than i thought :)
Tim_GTi
Post Whore

Post by Tim_GTi »

Sounds like this thing is extremely small scale though, i.e a school project only to be used for personal purpose.

If thats simply the case mate, use all the pictures you want from here. Just come back here if you plan on doing anything further with it. For example making it fully public.
I-Roo
Bronze Member

Post by I-Roo »

okay welll i think ill do that. if i decide to go public with it i will come back an ask permission. Thanks for the help guys.