Vibration

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mwbpsx
Getting There!

Vibration

Post by mwbpsx »

my 2002 1.9 tdi sport has just decided to start transmitting every bump and rattle through the steering wheel
also makes the dash rattle annoyingly. Had it checked out by a m8 but he cant see anything obvious.
Any ideas folks??

Btw its still as normal over speed bumps etc so dont think anything is siezed
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Re: Vibration

Post by RITCHAT »

Could be a number of things here. I would check the steering rack ends. the ball joints if these haven't been changed then this could well be the problem dead easy to change other than that it could be one or more of the suspension bushes that again are worn. You might have to spend a few bob here to get back to 100%.
mwbpsx
Getting There!

Post by mwbpsx »

yeah thats what i thought but my m8 is an mot tester and couldnt find anything :?: :?: :?:

Oh yeah, and it came on all of a sudden, not gradually :?:
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

Have you checked out the anti roll bar bushes that are located on the car body if these are worn you won't notice if trying to move the antiroll bar as the full cars weight is on them. You will however notice vibrations when driving which will transmitt through into the passenger cell ie your dash vibrating these again are fairly straight forward to change over only time consuming.
mwbpsx
Getting There!

Post by mwbpsx »

cheers bud ill get em checked