Damn...

Non-VW related chat - Moderated
Babe RuthLess
Gold Member

Damn...

Post by Babe RuthLess »

That's what I woke up to this morning:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/3628001.stm

Damn... I wonder if I qualify as a heavy drinker... :shock: 'Cause I can't really remember how many drinks I usually have in a month!
Speedlaw

Post by Speedlaw »

100 drinks a month. That's more than I drink. I think.

:?:
Halfpint
Getting There!

Post by Halfpint »

Yeah, but something is gonna get you in the end. I don't drink at all but I've been told that the amount of sugar I eat is gonna give me early diabetes! Thought that only overweight people get that! Lol! Just can't get enough of the Haribo on meets or Pick n Mix at the cinema! :lol:
Josh_PoloGTi
Site Admin
Drives: BMW E85 Z4 3.0i

Post by Josh_PoloGTi »

I haven't had a drink in getting on for 3 months, I have cut out caffene and I've stopped eating so much processed sugar....

Result: Feeling much better!

8)
bstardchild

Post by bstardchild »

Josh_PoloGTi wrote:I haven't had a drink in getting on for 3 months, I have cut out caffene and I've stopped eating so much processed sugar....

Result: Feeling much better!

8)
I haven't not had at least one drink a day for as long as I can remember

I'm OD'ing on caffine - used to drink tea but it tastes crap out of a machine - coffee is far better

Never touch sugar - not a big chocolate fan either

Result - feel same as I always do - I know I'd feel better if I gave up tabs
SteB
Silver Member

Post by SteB »

being a student, im screwed if thats true !! i'll easily drink that in a good month... oh well, live fast, die young !
dob-polo6n
Getting There!

Post by dob-polo6n »

yeah i think im screwed too.

Im a student and when im on my internship i drink about 6 cups of coffee/tea a day with 2 sugars, i smoke when im out at nights, and drink to much. I do go to the gym a lot so i am fit but i think my internal system is screwed up anyway... :roll:
Tahrey1043
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Location: Birmingham! Enjoys: The pseudo-G-Smiles provided by a 1.6 Megane Sport valver...

Post by Tahrey1043 »

100 a month? Cor chance would be a fine thing.... these days. Think I might get 20 if i'm lucky.. (out maybe 5 times a month, for at least one of which I'm the driver, and a couple beers with curry dinner after last laaaate shift of the week)

memory loss etc? explains why university lectures and exams seem so hard :D

but just think of how much that is - a good £250 a month average across the country? That's a lot of cash. Never mind the liver, think of your pocket! That's more expensive than a 20 a day ciggie habit...

(or: 25 a week, 4 pints a night every weeknight and saturday, one on sunday - you'd be a total wreck anyhow, unless you happen to be a glasgow docker or weigh 20 stone)

:lol: :lol:

Also, I too would like to see the results of a similar one for caffiene (and pot). I developed a major coffee addiction at uni that took some time - and a few weeks of totally energy-loss mornings - to get over. "Rocket Fuel" brand instant? Three spoons please! That's got to do SOME kind of damage to the grey matter.
(and the beer, along with three or four experimental toke sessions* with wannabe rasta housemates probably compounded it severely, just when higher mental function was needed most)

* didnt really do much for me until I bogied a whole one, where i felt a *bit* odd. however, going on the major herbal pong of the club on monday nights, vs the general golden virginia smell of those guys' spliffs, i'd say they had some very, very poor hash, possibly sourced from the tesco spice racks :D mixed with far too much regular baccy (thank christ!). "wannabe" rastas remember..