climatronic

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo GTi
wilde67
Getting There!

climatronic

Post by wilde67 »

Hey guys!

Think I have a problem with my air con/climate control. Warm/hot seemed to work fine over the winter, but Im pretty sure that cold isnt doing anything at all, just like having an old school fan on. I didnt have the car last summer, so never really used the cold setting before, so not really sure if its working or not. Ive never had air con before either so I dont really know what im playing with. I know you need to re-gass etc, but how often? And were is the best place to start, i dont want to fork out £70 for gas only to find I have a leak or a dead compressor etc.

Any thoughts?

Cheers!

Tom.
joe2612
Gold Member

Re: climatronic

Post by joe2612 »

Have you checked that you've got the system in 'Auto' mode not Econ? as the aircon is not used in Econ mode... Otherwise its most likely to be a re-gas as an average car uses about 10% of aircon gas per year...

Joe
tegwin
Gold Member

Post by tegwin »

If its had no gas in it for sometime, the seals in the compressor may be shagged... the gas contains an oil which lubricates the seals..

A proper garage should be able to do a leak teston the system before refilling it with the correct gas/oil mixture....

They do recomend getting it done very couple of years...
Overseer
Bronze Member

Post by Overseer »

Make sure its not unplugged. VW must have forgot to plug something back in when I had mine regassed. Another garage plugged it back in and it was all good.