MK4 Golf Recaro's, custom to fit your 6N2, front and rear

Forum rules
Please Use The New FOR SALE CATEGORIES when listing an item for sale!
Sutch
Bronze Member

MK4 Golf Recaro's, custom to fit your 6N2, front and rear

Post by Sutch »

Basically, I bought a set of MK4 golf recaros, then changed both of the front bolsters, as you know these wear badly, (£70 each from VW) and then proceeded to make these seats, both front and rear fit my 6N2 GTi, not sure there is a lot more I can say really, so, if you want to have something thats a nice different interior, these are for you, will only courier if you arrange it all, but I'll wrap them for you, or whatever I have to do

I'm located about 20 mins from Bristol

Sorry for the crap photo's..

Rears:

Now have 2x small headrests in these so can see out the back perfectly etc

Fronts:

Fully Adjustable etc, still pump up and down as they would have originally..

Changing the foams over

No Idea what to put on price, but taking into consideration the cost of the seats, the new foams, and then the fact the lengths went to for these to fit in the Polo, I'll chuck up £500 O.N.O

PM me for best response, in response to the questions I'll no doubt get, everything is custom that me and my mate planned and then did, so cant really describe through how I did it all, will explain it all to the buyer when collected etc.

Have ran these for maybe 5k miles, no problems

Ed
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: MK4 Golf Recaro's, custom to fit your 6N2, front and rea

Post by alexperkins »

is it a new subframe, or was the subframe adapted to fit the 6n2?
Sutch
Bronze Member

Post by Sutch »

Best way to describe it is the lovechild of a 6N2 and MK4 Golf Subframe, Using the rear 'legs' of the golf frame, but the sliding section off a polo, meaning not a single alteration has to be made to the car in order to fit them.
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

if you dont mind me asking, how did you manage to get the rear seats in?? did you re trim the polo foams, if so did you manage to this yourself or have someone make them up for you? cheers!
Sutch
Bronze Member

Post by Sutch »

way_z wrote:if you dont mind me asking, how did you manage to get the rear seats in?? did you re trim the polo foams, if so did you manage to this yourself or have someone make them up for you? cheers!
Hello mate, It was a mixture of pieces from both polo and golf rear seats, basically I took all farbic, foam and metal backing apart, and kept trying different combinations through trial and error til it all fitted on, and in the car. I think in the end I used the golf foam, and trimmed this to give the more 'bucketed' feel that the golf foam produced over the polo.
way_z
Silver Member
Drives: 6n2 1.4 TDI

Post by way_z »

[quote="Sutch] Hello mate, It was a mixture of pieces from both polo and golf rear seats, basically I took all farbic, foam and metal backing apart, and kept trying different combinations through trial and error til it all fitted on, and in the car. I think in the end I used the golf foam, and trimmed this to give the more 'bucketed' feel that the golf foam produced over the polo.[/quote]

wow great job... i've got the seats, will be trying the same soon! cheers :D
Sutch
Bronze Member

Post by Sutch »

SOLD