Retarded E/W

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Retarded E/W

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Was driving yesterday and pressed the button for the leccy windows to go DOWN. I pressed it all the way so it does the auto-full open thing, then I stopped it halfway down by putting the auto-full mode up on by accident - BUT it just stopped dead it didnt go all the way back up - THEN i pressed the open one again (windows down) but not the auto open one and instead of going down a little bit, it just fully closed itself.

I realise that is stupid and so is the way I've written it but I mean I was so confused. I tried it again a couple of mins later and it did it again when i did it the exact same way as that.

so its:

full down(open) auto

(then)

stop by putting full close (up) on

(then, if it just stops rather than closing)

tap the down (open)

and it should just stupidly close on its own.

TRY IT!! It will be ace if it's not just my car coz then we can have a laugh and go "ahh remember all those mad polos that had crazy windows?", " ahh yeah I remeber them, they were well mad."
BonsaiTiger
Getting There!

Re: Retarded E/W

Post by BonsaiTiger »

Ok so I told my mate who is a bit more technically savvy than me and he thinks it sounds like the clips that hold the window glass in place are misaligned or something and that when the window goes to close, it meets a bit of resistance from these clips and this triggers the anti-pinch sensors of the window, causing it to just open - in the same way it would if a kids head was in the way.

Mystery solved?

Booked into dealership this week.
gavs
Silver Member

Re: Retarded E/W

Post by gavs »

Dunno mate but it sounds like the dodgy VW electrics of old, my Mk4 golf (which is fandamentally the same as the new polo underneath) does exactly the same thing. Why? because it seems like VW use lucas electrics rejects, or something similar, and we all know how brilliant Lucas were at electrics....... Spontaneous combusting Range Rover's anyone? ;) I think it's just another case of dodgy VW wiring. Again.