Non-VW related chat - Moderated
NathanG
New

Post by NathanG »

Afternoon all, I've been trawling around on here for a while without registering and finally thought it was time to say hello. I've been on another Polo site but they dont seems as good as this one.

Anyway about 2 months about the mrs got a nice little black 6n2 2001 75K partial VW service history plus it had already had the pedal box replaced and cambelt etc all done. It had been slammed on coilovers and has pepperpots (boo, dont like these much). The boy was selling it because it drove like a bag of s**t and had done ever since he had the coilovers put on and the wheels were proper on the p*** plus the exhaust was blowing. He was right. Knocking, clanking, clunking all over the place. I got it home took off the front coilies and to my absolute amazement what ever monkey put them on decided that they obviously didn't need top mount bearings, quick trip to euro parts and £50 later all's smoooooth again. Another quick trip to have all the camber and tracking done and she's a minter again, result.
Anyway, story over, you all seem really helpfull. i'll put some pics up soon.
Last edited by NathanG on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by red6n2 »

Welcome dude, sounds like a bargain, Amy plans to sort the blowing out ?.
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Stainless steel ;)
Welcome mate. Other site didnt happen to be club polo did it?

Had a load of trouble on there rarely venture away from here now everyone's so nice!
NathanG
New

Re: New Member

Post by NathanG »

The blowing has all been sorted out, i reckon it was the same expertly skilled monkey who fitted the coilovers also fitted a tube join section thata was 5mm bigger than the tubes it was joining together .

As for club polo, i couldn't possibly comment lol
benmkiv
Platinum Member

Post by benmkiv »

Thought as much ;)
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

How do you unsubscribe frum Club Polo? I joined it the other week and I don't like them either! :evil:
NathanG
New

Post by NathanG »

Moosegirl wrote:How do you unsubscribe frum Club Polo? I joined it the other week and I don't like them either! :evil:
Didnt you buy that epic Gti off someone on there. I have no idea how to unsubscribe, their not very nice on there are they.
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

No i bought it from someone on this forum. I think he must have been a member on there at one point though because there were club polo stickers on the car.

I have had no problems from anyone on there but i dont like the way some people are spoken to and just slated. If they dont like peoples cars they are just plain rude about it! :?

This is a much friendlier forum though :)
NathanG
New

Post by NathanG »

I never had a problem with anyone on there i just dont like it for the same reason's as you. They slate EVERYTHING and each other, its proper shocking. I was actually looking at funding for the car you bought when it got sold, bugger, she looks absolutey mint.
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Awwwww no! I always liked this one but it meant having to go to Wales to pick it up and i'm from Newcastle so it was a hell of a journey! I went to look at one in Bradford which i hated so just woke up one morning and decided i was going to Wales! Haha.

It was by far the nicest one for sale. 8)
mattygti
New

Post by mattygti »

haha mine are from bradford clubpolos full off people with no money lol look out for my polo gti and 9n gt with a surprise soon to be in the relevent sections lol 8)
Moosegirl
Gold Member

Post by Moosegirl »

Ooooh sounds interesting! :shock: