Rattling/Vibrating Dash

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
jrw
Silver Member

Rattling/Vibrating Dash

Post by jrw »

Well the latest from VW (was supposed to have my car back Thursday, still waiting) is that the vibration I can hear from the dash is not the dash but the rear view mirror???

Anyone else heard about this or had there's replaced but I reckon it's just an excuse cos my car isn't ready :evil:
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

:lol: yeah that would make so much noise!!

It's an excuse me thinks! :roll:
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

That's what me were thinking!

I've come up with a little theory and I reckon the 'mechanic' when he was putting the dash back together has headbutted it and broke it which is why i've got to wait for a new one to be delivered.

I could be wrong but why should I start believing what they say now. They've s**t me for the last 15 months :roll:
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

You haven't had an easy time at all have ya!!

:lol: about the bloke probably hittin his head on it, and sadly that's probably true. I think in that case if that's the truth i'd much rather hear what REALLY happened not some kind of poorly thought out excuse.
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Well i've never had an explanation to why a new steering wheel was fitted last time (I know cos its the silver one instead of the blue/white one I had).

Once again I reckon the 'mechanic' 'knocked' something and set the airbag off but they said it was never set off. I can't think of another explanation.

I can't stand LIARS! :x
Roy Li
New

Rattle/Creak

Post by Roy Li »

Hi Y'all. My 9N is going in on Thursday to have the dash completely removed. Went to VW last week and the driver took it for a spin whilst I sat in the passenger seat. You could hear all sorts. He said the clips holding the dash to chassis were lose. Its gonna take a whole day. Watch this space..........
As for headbutting the rear view mirror.......How many times have you done that before!
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

A WHOLE DAY - WOOOW!!!!

They had mine 6 weeks from Jan and it still rattled - They put the new modified dash in 3 days b4 inters and it still rattles! They've had it since last Tuesday and I want it back now cos i've got a Golf SDI as a courtesy car and its so sloooooow! And I want my Road Angel i'm getting for compo.
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

To me a day seems very quick to take the dash apart and put it back together again :? , however i wouldn't know how long it takes because neither i nor my vw dealer have touched my dash, i don't think i'd want my dealer to touch it either given all the posts on here about dash's and dealers, i think i'd rather put up with any rattles! :roll:
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Quite right. I just want it done.

If it still rattles im gonna do it my self, probably do a better job in an 8th of the time!
dxg

Post by dxg »

Early on, there were actually reports of the rear view mirror being a source of rattles (it and the centre dash vents being the first two common places). Haven't heard this for a long while now, so assumed that they'd got that one sorted out...

Deek.
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

Oh rite!

All is forgiven then if it actually works! :?
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

But how comes it's taken them so long to trigger that possibility, no offence jrw but surely they're fed up of having your car (just as much as you are of them having your car) so why only now after all the hassel think hangon, lets try something easier than the dash?? Surely if it's been an issue in other polo's they must have some knowledge about it. :roll:
jrw
Silver Member

Post by jrw »

God only knows! They are a VW dealer, no explanation needed! :evil:

I like them lights! Any better pic you could send me? How much and where from?

jrwakeman@f2s.com
SiDaBa
Sponsor

Post by SiDaBa »

I'll find a better host and i'll post some pictures of them, they're FK tail lights, get them from www.venommotorsport.com When you add p&p it's £124 i beleive. I like em, had problems with them leaking so i had to take extra precautions in stopping them, jazzy is the same as well. Saw a black 9n with the same taillights as mine at inters, thought it looked really smart!! Think it should get the crystal black side repeaters i've got too, anyhoo i'll get back to ya with the pictures! :wink:
Roy Li
New

Post by Roy Li »

Can someone tell me what a road angel is please