Lowering front end help??

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
Russell9n3
New

Lowering front end help??

Post by Russell9n3 »

I'm running FK High Sport coilovers and they just run that inch or 2 to high on the front. I've seen other polo's with them on and they seem to be lower than mine at the front end. Any suggestions without cutting any springs? Needs sorting because it looks like its sat on its arse at the moment with the front end a mile in the air aha. Many thanks.
Dennis
Bronze Member

Re: Lowering front end help??

Post by Dennis »

removing helper spring?

that what I'll do when the spring comes on ma ta technix's...
Russell9n3
New

Post by Russell9n3 »

May sound stupid but some one else suggested this but i've no idea what this is... is it located within the strut? Because i only see one spring an that is the obviously the big main one.
Dennis
Bronze Member

Post by Dennis »

I have 2 springs on my technix's...think you should have two also...people remove the smaller/shorter one and the adjuster at the back to go lower
Russell9n3
New

Post by Russell9n3 »

Alright man ill have a look tomorrow. An yeah i never bothered to put the rear adjuster in so it looks like its sat on its arse too much.
Dennis
Bronze Member

Post by Dennis »

you can also remove the ARB, put shorter droplinks, or remove them completely with the ARB, cut bumstops or get custom, shorter springs etc.

I know that alot of people had done a lot,even all of the above....and then you need a good tyre dimension/wheel width and ET combo and you're done :mrgreen:
Russell9n3
New

Post by Russell9n3 »

I've already got shorter droplinks so think i may have to go down the shorter spring route. An yeah i've got a few sets of alloys so got that sorted just need the front end stance sorted. Anyways cheers fella.
Dennis
Bronze Member

Post by Dennis »

no problem!

feel free to post pics when you sort your stance! :D
jem-9n3
Getting There!

Post by jem-9n3 »

Dennis wrote:I have 2 springs on my technix's...think you should have two also...people remove the smaller/shorter one and the adjuster at the back to go lower
I was thinking of doing this, will this make the ride stiffer or softer? Or is there a difference if you put the helper spring at the top to the bottom? I've seen both ways :s