9n suspension creaking

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
Bickerton
Getting There!

Re: 9n suspension creaking

Post by Bickerton »

Rear will squeak, just turn music up
PollyGTI
New

Post by PollyGTI »

im currently have the same problem ! only noticed since cold weather start up, orignally thought it was handbreak cable not releasing fully but i had a passenger in and he said it was comin frm the driver side front suspension, i got out of the car and began to pull the arch on the front driver side up and down to make the car move up and down, and the noise occured when the car was being lowered after being pulled up..... i have coilovers coming shortly do you think that coilovers will sort this problem out? saying as how it'll be new shocks all round ? thanks Jack :oops:
fonzooorooo
Bronze Member

Post by fonzooorooo »

Coilovers won't fix it if it's bushes (!) - They're likely to promote bush wear as well (flexing them over a different range of travel)

Get it up in the air and have a feel how much shake is in the rear front arm bush. I'd be tempted to pop a poly in if it's going on coilovers and you're keeping it for a year or more.

ARB bushes are another possibility - particularly prone to noise on Astras apparently.... Just a thought.
RITCHAT
Gold Member

Post by RITCHAT »

I don't know why the garage you goto are charging 170 sheets to replace bushes the seat ones are about 20 quid for a pair and the garage should charge more than two hours labour so to me including the parts tops £130 I just fitted the seat ones and I just removed the whole alloy cast and lower arms off each side it made it so much easier to fit the bushes.
hendo1979
New
Drives: 12 plate vw 1 2 polo

scraping sound

Post by hendo1979 »

Hey i have a 12plate 1.2 polo but the front right evertime i go over a bump or pot hole there is this scraping ive had car checked underneath and sorted undertray but its still doing it spring is fine im wondering if squeaky shock any ideas please