secondary air removal

Chat about your facelift 9n3 Polo - Including the 9N3 Polo GTI!
quinnygti
Bronze Member

secondary air removal

Post by quinnygti »

hi has anyone done this recently and is running revo software? do i need resistors to put in the old plugs? can this be mapped out ive already got the forge blanking plate cheers quinny
SA57.DUB
Getting There!

Re: secondary air removal

Post by SA57.DUB »

Looking through other threads on here it looks like it has to be mapped out. R-tech or badger5 seem to be the people up to this job.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

pain as i have revo :( have you done the n something bypass?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

quinnygti wrote:hi has anyone done this recently and is running revo software? do i need resistors to put in the old plugs? can this be mapped out ive already got the forge blanking plate cheers quinny
I have done this and had Revo. You can't map it out keeping Revo. As above Rtech or badger 5 can remove you Revo map and give a new map including mapping out the require elements.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

right does it make much difference? also when badger5 map your car whilst on a rolling road or live mapping because revo just took my car up the road and said it was around 220bhp and on your polo did you do the n2 summing bypass?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

quinnygti wrote:right does it make much difference? also when badger5 map your car whilst on a rolling road or live mapping because revo just took my car up the road and said it was around 220bhp and on your polo did you do the n2 summing bypass?
Revo is a flash map

Badger 5 is a bespoke map for your car on rolling road.

Yes I have removed the n249 & n112. Well they are still plugged in just mapped out as Bill said he didn't like resistors as when they get hot they change values.

I moved the valves to the side of the engine. If you look back from the final page in my thread you'll come across some images of their new home.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

what do both valves do? do you reckon i will get more power from badger 5? what sorta price does he charge for maps?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

quinnygti wrote:what do both valves do? do you reckon i will get more power from badger 5? what sorta price does he charge for maps?
I would suggest calling both Rtech and Badger 5 and go with the best quote. Both have been know to get more power than the Revo map. As for the valves and what they do ill let someone else answer that but they were removed from mine early on as they are not required.
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

ok cheers when you remove the secondary air intake does that include the egr aswell as the black pump?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

quinnygti wrote:ok cheers when you remove the secondary air intake does that include the egr aswell as the black pump?
Yeah the whole lot.

Makes it so much cleaner in the by with all that junk :mrgreen:
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

looks spot on the way you have done it, sorry to be a pain but once ive removed the sai how do i route the air pipes from the manifold to the dv is there a guide on here?
9N3 Turbo
Platinum Member

Post by 9N3 Turbo »

quinnygti wrote:looks spot on the way you have done it, sorry to be a pain but once ive removed the sai how do i route the air pipes from the manifold to the dv is there a guide on here?
No guide need just straight to the DV form the manifold.
Mr Blobby
Silver Member

Post by Mr Blobby »

I am also going to do this when Im ready to go stage two as I will be getting a custom mapping and at the same time removing the error code as I also have revo :)

This link below may help explain it as well. But is very simple to do. Just take all the bits off, run the dv straight to the manifold, blank up the side of the engine and air box (if you have one still) and put resistors where they are needed then get it mapped out :) simples *squeak (insert best impression of meerkat here)*

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/forums/ ... 76722.html
quinnygti
Bronze Member

Post by quinnygti »

oh right cheers il give it ago this weekend :D