Bling Bling Diamond Member

Lost keys

Post by red6n2 »

Friend works in VW I got discount :-)
red6n2
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Lost keys

Post by red6n2 »

Went to tow my car to VW today to get my keys sorted... No towing eye ha ha. I'm getting one tomorrow then hopefully il be driving again this is such... BALLACHE !!!.
Taxdieselmasterpolo
New
Drives: 1.9 tdi sport

Re: Lost keys

Post by Taxdieselmasterpolo »

I read somewhere online. That if you lose your key. And have a spare without the transponder chip. All you have to do when you get a replacement transponder chip. ( In your key. ) Is put key in ignition. ( DO NOT ATTEMPT TO START IT RIGHT NOW ) but put key in ignition. Turn until you get lights on the dash. Leave for 10:30 seconds. And turn off ignition. Then repeat that two more times without starting car. And on your third attempt the car accepts the new transponder chip. And then you have your car started. ( I’ve yet to try it by the way ) because when I got my car I tried calling Vw saying I’ve lost my key. ( I hadn’t) all I was wanting was a key number. Which they refused to look up from their records. Then get an auto locksmith out to program the new key. All Vw said was if I can get my car. “ with a lost key “ to my local Vw dealership. Then they would sort out a new key. “ I was starting to lose it over the phone “ because if I had lost my key. How do you move your car with a lost key. To your local Vw dealership. Vw customer service was NOT at all helpful. When I know that they have that on record. At the dealership when first registered. They have the key number. I blew up asking the dick on the phone. How the f**k do I move my f**king car without a f**king key. As I said I’d already lost it. Vw customer services are of no help whatsoever. I ended up telling the dick on the other end of the phone. To F**k off before putting the phone down on them.
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Lost keys

Post by alexperkins »

Unfortunately thats not the case. The only way to code a new key in is with the SKC code and use VCDS, or the dealership does it via ODIS with GEKO as its an online process now to sync with the central systems in germany

In this scenario what would normally happen is a new key would be ordered via the dealership with proof of ownership (There is no key number anymore) and produced in germany to match the original lock set. This then needs to be programmed to the car either by the dealership, or someone mobile that has ODIS with GEKO access to link it to the car (or alternative means). If it was going to the dealership, then it'd need to go on a low loader or similar etcetc