Polo 6R Headlight Replacement

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
exclaimuk
New

Polo 6R Headlight Replacement

Post by exclaimuk »

Hi All,

I'll be picking up a 6R (1.2 Match [2013]) soon and wanted to ask you knowledgeable people if any of you or know of someone who has replaced the standard polo headlight unit with an aftermarket one? I came across these ones - http://goo.gl/efkmJ which have built in daytime running lights (which is why I want them!) but have no experience of doing anything like this before.

Does anyone know if there is any kind or programming involved or is it a pretty much straight forward replacement?

Thanks in advance.
Gewoonjan
New

Re: Re: Polo 6R Headlight Replacement

Post by Gewoonjan »

Those units are from the 'dectane' brand. This particular version isn't too bad if you like their looks ;) As far as I now this version of the dectane lamps doesn't have the regular dectane problems (of being aquariums and being badly engineerd).

Just keep in mind that these units are set up for cars that have H7 units (the twin bulb). Cars with H4 units need (when you're lucky) recoding and if that doesn't work an extra wire need to be put in, to ensure that the dipped beam stays on when the main is selected.

So if you're a bit lucky, than it's pretty straight forward to instal them. Just one more bit of comment, they DON'T have build in DRL, it's just DRL-look. You need to buy an additional module and put it in to actually make the DRL-look leds function as DRL. Do keep in mind that those leds only have one output (they don't dim).
exclaimuk
New

Re: Polo 6R Headlight Replacement

Post by exclaimuk »

I'm assuming this Dectane brand doesn't have a god reputation for quality?

Thanks for taking the time to reply, very useful information!