OLLY - the 6n Polo

Post pictures of your car! (Max size 30k each - 800x600)
Pootz
New

OLLY - the 6n Polo

Post by Pootz »

Hi folks... as my daughter is fast approaching 17 I thought " what can I buy her that's reliable, cheap, safe & fun to drive "
The answer, after much head scratching, was a Polo so after trawling ebay and other free ad sites I stumbled upon this little "BEAUTY" :roll: for the bargain price of £300
Its a 1.3 with 11 months mot, 3 months tax and full service history
the only things I need to sort are rear bushes and a new drivers door plus a tiny rust spot on the rear arch so all in all pretty pleased with it

obviously there will be some non essential changes like getting rid of the chavvy drainpipe exhaust and swapping the halfords alloys for a set of polo alloys and a damn good clean and polish

Anyway, enough of me waffling on...here's some pictures. please let me know what you think as all comments will be taken positively

after only owning it for 24 hours it showed its true VW colours....and broke down lol
turns out to be a bad connection in the fusebox somewhere...the list of jobs has started to grow

GOTTA LOVE DUBS LOL

well the list of parts is growing and the bank balance is shrinking... 2 rear beam bushes, new top mounts for the front and new front swing arm purchased ( just gotta get a day off now to fit them) & new 40mm drop suspension ordered

next on the list is clutch and clutch cable but should be ok for a few months with the existing one **crosses fingers**

pics to follow

SO WORK HAS STARTED
First thing we did was to remove all the tacky halfords chrome that had been stuck on including the screen washer jet surrounds and the go faster motorsport badge stuck on the tailgate

next to go were the ripspeed alloys because A) they looked horrendous and B) one of them was about as round as a cube
so we fitted standard polo alloys and adjusted the ride height while we were at it
first we fitted coilies but they were too harsh
so swapped them for 60mm lowering kit

Then the filthy interior had to be sorted so I fitted a set of black seats that we found at a scrap yard for the grand sum of £25 and a replacement drivers door as the original one had a clease in it that looked like someone had tried to fold it in half
A couple of ( bad ) shots of the new seats

Well after hitting a massive pothole on xmas eve the car is almost sorted.
thanks to sandwell council and their bad roads it caused a bent track rod, damaged top mounts and the tracking was obviously affected.
tracking and camber are now fixed together with a track rod so just got to get top mounts from gsf

after a weekend of fetching parts the exhaust decided to drop off the polo thanks to the dreaded tin worm so Sunday was spent lying in the snow fitting a new one with the help of a good mate
hands were too cold to take pics but the exhaust was finally fitted after 5 hours of swearing, praying the jack wouldn't move on the ice and countless cups of coffee to warm us up.
I have now also decided to fit one important modification to the rear of the car which will benefit drivers behind me

The latest thing is now another new door is needed as some idiot dented the one i replaced and also broke the window mechanism in the process.....
Thats it for now folks, All comments ( good or bad ) greatly appreciated