Part number for aerial on BlueGT?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
gregperkins
Gold Member
Drives: 2011 Ibis White Audi A3 2.0 TDI Sport

Part number for aerial on BlueGT?

Post by gregperkins »

Does anyone know the part number for the aerial you get on the Polo BlueGT?

jammydodger
Silver Member
Drives: 6R GTI

Re: Part number for aerial on BlueGT?

Post by jammydodger »

Hi don't know if it helps, but the aerial comes with Polos with Nav from the factory! I think the part number is - 1K0-035-501-B
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

Do you know if it has DAB? :)
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

gregperkins wrote:Do you know if it has DAB? :)
Not from the factory... But it also uses the same aerial as the rest of the Polo's if it dosen't have GPS.
vwpolo16v
Bronze Member

Post by vwpolo16v »

gregperkins wrote:Does anyone know the part number for the aerial you get on the Polo BlueGT?

Check this link http://www.partsbase.org/vw/polo-derby-vento-ind-po-eu/

Most likely under 6R-C-000 001 (2013 Polo)
It's a great wealth of parts info.
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

Ah that's ashame it doesn't have DAB :( Im looking for a way to get DAB on my RCD 510 which I fitted myself - this replaced the RCD 310.

Does anyone have any ideas/information :)?

Cheers!
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

When I looked into, I found that someone had used the RCD510 DAB successfully with this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/DAB-Screen-Mo ... 2c6e1bb362 it mounts at the top of the windscreen and through the back of the dash to the headunit.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I'm pretty sure that the only VW that doesn't have DAB as standard is the Up. They certainly made it standard on the rest of the Polos a while back, and gave the S the RCD310 while they were at it.
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

vc-10 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the only VW that doesn't have DAB as standard is the Up. They certainly made it standard on the rest of the Polos a while back, and gave the S the RCD310 while they were at it.
And increased the prices £300 or so lol
vwpolo16v
Bronze Member

Post by vwpolo16v »

vc-10 wrote:I'm pretty sure that the only VW that doesn't have DAB as standard is the Up. They certainly made it standard on the rest of the Polos a while back, and gave the S the RCD310 while they were at it.
My 1.4 SE with standard RCD310 does NOT have DAB.
It's optional extra.
My RCD310 manual states "Only in units with an integrated DAB radio receiver"
jammydodger
Silver Member

Post by jammydodger »

vwpolo16v wrote:My 1.4 SE with standard RCD310 does NOT have DAB.
It's optional extra.
My RCD310 manual states "Only in units with an integrated DAB radio receiver"
It was a MY2012 change pal, they added Bluetooth, DAB, rear disc brakes on engines from 1.4+ I think
GuntherVW6R
New

Post by GuntherVW6R »

gregperkins wrote:Ah that's ashame it doesn't have DAB :( Im looking for a way to get DAB on my RCD 510 which I fitted myself - this replaced the RCD 310.

Cheers!
I recently purchased an RCD 510 and fitted the DAB aerial to my car.

I bought a Hirschmann DAB aerial from this shop: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIRSCHMANN-AU ... 2577138a96

I think they actually supply to Volkswagen so I wasn't too fussed about not buying from VW. I removed the headlining and fed it through the top left of the roof, down into the glovebox and into the back of the radio. It works a treat! The channels are perfect quality and, if you do it right, it won't even show in the headlining or glovebox.

Hope this helps!
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

GuntherVW6R wrote:
gregperkins wrote:Ah that's ashame it doesn't have DAB :( Im looking for a way to get DAB on my RCD 510 which I fitted myself - this replaced the RCD 310.

Cheers!

I bought a Hirschmann DAB aerial from this shop: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HIRSCHMANN-AU ... 2577138a96

I think they actually supply to Volkswagen so I wasn't too fussed about not buying from VW. I removed the headlining and fed it through the top left of the roof, down into the glovebox and into the back of the radio. It works a treat! The channels are perfect quality and, if you do it right, it won't even show in the headlining or glovebox.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply mate. That looks like it could be the answer!! Quick question, did you swap the long aerial on that kit for the existing shorter one (The original that comes with the polo)? Or does that effect the quality for the DAB?

Would i need any other connectors or does it literally plug straight in to the back of the RCD 510 :)?
GuntherVW6R
New

Post by GuntherVW6R »

gregperkins wrote:
GuntherVW6R wrote:

Cheers!

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the reply mate. That looks like it could be the answer!! Quick question, did you swap the long aerial on that kit for the existing shorter one (The original that comes with the polo)? Or does that effect the quality for the DAB?

Would i need any other connectors or does it literally plug straight in to the back of the RCD 510 :)?
No I didn't keep the original aerial because I wasn't sure if that would work with the DAB. You don't need any other connectors than what is provided with the item I linked in my previous post. I did cut one of the connectors off the old aerial and put it on the new one. The big cable that comes with the new aerial is the DAB one and I fed that through the headlining.
gregperkins
Gold Member

Post by gregperkins »

Thanks for your help mate :) Would it be possible to give me a quick run through how to remove the headlining :)?

Appreciate your help man :)