new girl needs some help!

Chat about your MKV (6N2) Polo
skeeber
New

new girl needs some help!

Post by skeeber »

Hi everyone,
ive recently decided to by a polo 1.4 but dont know if I want a tdi or petrol so could anyone help me out.
My job requires me to drive to different places around my town as im a carer (wouldnt probably be more than 15 ish miles a day but constant short journeys)
I dont want a totally gutless car as at weekends I do a 90 mile trip.
im used to having a bit of power as my drift car is a road legal S14a but it would be far to costly to use it for work.

what I really want to know is which one has a bit more poke? And is there any benifit to having a diesel over a petrol with how I have described my useage for it.

im dead set on a polo and hope to go look at some this weekend but which should I look for?
jbh110tdi
New

Re: new girl needs some help!

Post by jbh110tdi »

I would go for the TDi get the £30 a year tax and book it in for a remap

Ive bought one for the wife and to be honest I was surprised on how well it went for a wee 1.4TDi as Im used to my Audi A4 TDi quattro that has double the power.

we stay semi rural and its all hills and the wee polo doesnt bother with them.
Ive also had it on the motorway and lets be honest its no speed demon it coped fine and at no time did I worry.

our one hasn't been remaped yet but I think with a remap, decat and an egr delete they would go really well
shantybeater
Bling Bling Diamond Member

Post by shantybeater »

The tdi is great on economy but completely gutless, to be honest I just changed my driving style to suit. It averages 65mpg which is roughly three times more economical than the 911T, that equates to about £100pw with the mileage I'm doing. That's enough to stop me caring how quick it goes.

Go for the tdi, the petrol 1.4 won't be dramatically quicker
Kam Racing
Bronze Member

Post by Kam Racing »

would go for the tdi for the tax and better mpg. am running an Arosa with the same engine and it has more guts than you'd expect..