9N1 5DR - Rear Passenger Side Door Intermittently Unlocks

Chat about your 9n Polo (inc GT and Fun)
mathewkeeton
New

9N1 5DR - Rear Passenger Side Door Intermittently Unlocks

Post by mathewkeeton »

Hey All,

I have a central locking issue with my 2002 9N1 Polo, The Rear Passenger Side Door Intermittently Unlocks it self after I press lock it. It appears to lock then sometimes bounces back up (unlock state), checking on the Computer with a mates VAGCOM, shows the measuring blocks for the door intermittently going from Locked/Unlocked to "SAFE". My first thought was the cable, so I replaced the wiring harness in the door. This didn't solve the issue.

I am thinking its the lock itself, would it be worth trying a second hand one from a scrap yard? I mean that could I suppose have the same issue I don't know. I would buy a new one but they are quite pricey. Unless a universal one would work?

What you guys reckon I should do?
Austinm638
New

Re: 9N1 5DR - Rear Passenger Side Door Intermittently Unlock

Post by Austinm638 »

Hi mate, i do not have the solution to your problem but if you need parts for a driver passenger door lock, i can sort you out. I purchased both mechanics for that door (for an 04 polo twist, which may work). My mate slammed the door so hard it broke the lock and wouldn't unlock. Had to go to VW to get it repaired and they said it will take upto 2 weeks, i ordered the parts and got it in a day. but then they got it the very same day. so if its needed give me a pm and i will sell you for a very reasonable price