Polo 6C Owners!

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Polo 6C Owners!

Post by Wolfi »

Just thought that we should have a general discussion thread for the new 6C to post build specs, colour and engine choices, options, the 6C GTI and plenty of pics etc... (Apologies if this has already been posted elsewhere)

I have ordered a new 3 door SE 1.2 TSI 90ps in Mayan Blue to replace my 1.2 Candy White Match (delivery expected mid November)
So, what about everyone else? :D
rsmagee
Silver Member
Drives: BlueGT (6C)

Re: Polo 6C Owners!

Post by rsmagee »

My Polo BlueGT in pure white has just rolled out of the factory and should be with me by the end of November!

Cant wait to get hold of it, 6C looks like a great car. Any one know any interesting tricks or tips about these cars?

Wish I could have got the mayan blue, thing it looks fantastic, sadly not possible with the bluegt :(
Wolfi
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 6C GTI

Post by Wolfi »

But you can't beat a BlueGT in White!!
Personally, I'm having second thoughts on the Mayan Blue as I like the purity of the White atm. However, my Girlfriend drives the car as well as me and demanded a change so thought the blue was the next best thing (and relatively cheap!)
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

I picked up my 1.2TSI SEL 110 (Reflex Silver, 5 door) last Tuesday and I have to say it's a fantastic car. More than enough power and plenty of comforts as well, I'm still getting used to the new touchscreen system but I do like the 'blue' driving mode which scores you out of 100 for eco driving as well as giving you the mpg (don't know how accurate it is), the new steering wheel has a lovely feel to it as well. Fuel consumption on the motorway is a lot better than my old 1.2 60 Match which I had for 2 years. You will not be disappointed when you take delivery of yours.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

What sort of MPG are you getting out of the TSI? I went and test drove a 1.0 on Sunday, and managed a fairly pitiful 40mpg from cold, but this was around town in Manchester. I did some similar driving in a Leon 1.2 TSI and was getting around 45mpg. I think the problem with the 1.0 was I had to work it very, very, hard to keep up with traffic. I'm currently driving a very knackered old 9n 1.2 65PS, and the old engine seems to have a lot more easy torque than the new 1.0 (70 vs 83 lb/ft for the 65PS 1.2), which hurts fuel economy. I think real world MPG will be much better with the TSIs.
grayzer
New
Drives: Match 1.2 5 Door Nimbus Grey

Post by grayzer »

I'm getting about 50mpg on the motorway when I set the cruise control at about 65 mph, around town I'm getting in the high 30's to low 40's at the moment. I have been told that the mpg will improve over time but I don't know by how much? It's a really nice car to drive and very quiet on the motorway which is good. The only thing I haven't figured out is how to display kilometer's per hour (if possible) because I do a lot of driving both sides of the border in Ireland.
rja
New
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI SEL

Post by rja »

Had my 1.2TSI SEL (110bhp) for a week now and think it is a great car. I have a couple of outstanding queries (see other threads) but overall very impressed with build quality, kit and refinement. I went for a 3 door in Pure White, 17" alloy wheels, climate control, light & sight pack and rear view camera. Only covered around 100 miles so far but enjoying it. Had a VW Up previously and while that was a great little car this is a definite step up in refinement.
poundrick
New
Drives: VW Polo BlueGT 1.4 TSI ACT

Post by poundrick »

Had my Pearl Black Polo BlueGT 1.4 TSI for three weeks and love it, fast and economical with superb build quality. To get the best MPG I am having to use Super Unleaded it can then get to nearly 60MPG, my average is just 45MPG at the moment.

My only issues with the car are the bloody USB port, I cannot for the life of me get my HTC one to communicate with the head unit using the USB cable provided with the car and I didnt go for the Mirrorlink option so cannot use my phones sat nav with it yet.
vc-10
Silver Member
Drives: 2019 Seat Ibiza 1.0 TSI Xcellence Lux

Post by vc-10 »

I think that's to do with how Android works. Unlike iPhones I don't think you can play music over USB, but you can mount the phone as a hard disk, which the head unit can then access, but I think that requires the music files to be in certain places on the phone's SD card. However, that's a small flaw that I would happily live with to have a much better phone! The same goes for Windows Phones, but they're even better than Android! :lol: I just use Bluetooth streaming- Cortana on Windows Phone will happily play stuff by voice command and is very accurate, I'm sure that Google Now can do similar things.

Although I've a feeling someone posted a picture of there being a some way of being able to unlock Mirrorlink with a code from the dealers?