POLO 6R. HEATED SEATS. OEM.

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
habib_123
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2012 1.2TDI RHD

Re: POLO 6R. HEATED SEATS. OEM.

Post by habib_123 »

By the way, and this is very important to me, what value do you currently have on BCM adaptation channel 63?

BCM Adaptation channel 63 is still 86. I have not changed it.

:?: :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=58703&start=540#p483992
I give you the wiring if it is your next modification, with two conditions :lol: :
- You pay shipping costs (10 €)
- You have to take pictures of the hood/bonnet area by the places where the cables run in 6R RHD. (like in the tutorial)[/quote]

Yh. That's fine.
ciclo
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Ok, let's do tests with channel 63:

1 Change to value 0 (from 86 to 0). Check and tell us if your heated seats are working in this way.

2 Change to value 21 (from 0 to 21). If they work, leave it at this value. If they do not work, return to value 86. (from 21 to 86)

I'll do the wiring :wink:, please take the pics. Send me the link to the pics by PM.
habib_123
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2012 1.2TDI RHD

Post by habib_123 »

ciclo wrote:Ok, let's do tests with channel 63:

1 Change to value 0 (from 86 to 0). Check and tell us if your heated seats are working in this way.

2 Change to value 21 (from 0 to 21). If they work, leave it at this value. If they do not work, return to value 86. (from 21 to 86)
1. Cannot change value to 0 on channel 63. When entering new value 0, then press test, it does not change to 0. It stays on 86.

2. Changed to value 21. It works fine.
ciclo
Drives: 6R'13/G7.5'19

Post by ciclo »

Excellent! Thank you very much. :wink:

I still have to find out the function of some few channels.
7E0 BCM Max has around 90 available.
josh1073
New
Drives: 2014 seat ibiza (rebadged polo)

Post by josh1073 »

Just want to say thankyou for all the great information. I installed heated seats in my 2014 seat ibiza which shares alot of parts with the polo. Had to make some alterations and do some figuring out of the wiring as the connectors differ between the polo and ibiza. the polo has the heated seats With their own respective plugs but in the ibiza they both share one plug that connects rear heated window,tpms so took the best part of a week to reverse engineer but glad to say all is working well. Thanks for the great information.
adam.whelan
New

Post by adam.whelan »

Hi there, I was just wondering if anybody here could help me with a heated seat issue?!

There is alot of good information here so I'm hoping somebody can :)

When I turn on the drivers side heated seat on to the first setting (2 lights on) it stays on until the seat just nearly starts to warm up and then it goes off.
It then won't work at all until the car is turned off and then back on again. Then it works again but turns off.
It works perfectly on the second setting (1 light) and does not turn off.
Passenger side works perfectly on both settings.

If somebody can help me on where to start looking I would really appreciate it!

Thanks in advance! :D

2011 Polo 6r 1.6tdi 90bhp
Highline Model.
Heated Seats from new.
iichel
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Sounds like a defect in your driver's seat, maybe a broken wire or a broken heater mat in the seat. Do you have a multimeter available?
adam.whelan
New

Post by adam.whelan »

I'll be able to get one, is there anywhere I can start?
I'm hoping it's electrical and not anything to do with the heating mat in the seat
iichel

Post by iichel »

Well, given what you told, I don't expect a broken fuse.

What you could do is Jack the seats all the way up and disconnect the plug for the seat heating. it's a cable with two thick wires in it. Don't take the thin wires, these are for the airbags. You don't want to me with those.

Set your multimeter to ohms and measure the resistance between both wires in the plug that comes from the seat. They should measure about the same between the left an right seats. If not, you found your issue. If they do turn out to give the same resistance, I suspect a broken control module or a broken wire.
Bizmo
Getting There!
Drives: Transporter T5GP

Post by Bizmo »

Could someone with a 6c let me know the measurements of the area where the pads sit?

The skoda pads are half the price of the T5 pads, I am keen to see if they would fit!

EDIT:

On further investigation, it looks like the T5 requires pads with a temperature sensor in so maybe not :(

cosminmandita
New
Drives: VW polo 6r

Post by cosminmandita »

Hi Guys! I try to install the seat heating in my polo 6r but I have no electrical background and I am lost in all this schematics, any way years ago I bought the installation pads : https://anunturi-auto.4tuning.ro/huse-i ... 23039.html
But I hate the buttons design, so I bought also some OEM buttons but I realized the OEM buttons works different then the buttons that came on the car.
Can someone help me with some expl on what I need to buy to be able to change the buttons with the OEM ones?
Thank you.
iichel

Post by iichel »

I think it's best to first determine the resistance of your current mats.
If they are close to OEM mats, you can use them. Then you need to add the wiring, for OEM wiring you need OEM buttons, OEM module and wiring.
tcolyer1
New
Drives: Polo 6r

Post by tcolyer1 »

habib_123 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 am Hi everyone,

The wait is finally over! lol.

I thought instead of attaching pictures, I would rather make a guide. As that would help and explain A LOT better. I know there might be a few errors here and there, but feel free to make adjustments.

The heated pads are in the seats now and the seats are installed in the car. Just waiting for the connector(s) and then it will be fully working!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

https://mega.nz/#F!GYlwkQAJ!scJ4zaohTkIv3rVUtiqq1g

Hi, would it be possible to send me a copy of your guide? Unfortunately I can’t get the link to work, maybe it went dead after all this time.

Thanks
Urhen
New
Drives: 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Post by Urhen »

tcolyer1 wrote: Wed Feb 05, 2020 10:52 pm
habib_123 wrote: Wed May 03, 2017 11:18 am Hi everyone,

The wait is finally over! lol.

I thought instead of attaching pictures, I would rather make a guide. As that would help and explain A LOT better. I know there might be a few errors here and there, but feel free to make adjustments.

The heated pads are in the seats now and the seats are installed in the car. Just waiting for the connector(s) and then it will be fully working!!! CANT WAIT!!!!

https://mega.nz/#F!GYlwkQAJ!scJ4zaohTkIv3rVUtiqq1g

Hi, would it be possible to send me a copy of your guide? Unfortunately I can’t get the link to work, maybe it went dead after all this time.

Thanks
Hey, I just joined the forum.

I also would like to have acces to this guide.

The link does not work unfortunately. :(

Would anyone be kind enough to repost it ? :D

Cheers!