New GTI

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Re: New GTI

Post by blackertracker »

Can anyone recommend an LED bulb for the reversing light? A quality one that is CANBUS compatible and doesn’t trip any warning lights? The standard filament bulb is too dim.

I’ve been looking at an Osram premium LED one:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OSRAM-ALL-12 ... 2973383400

Cheers.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

blackertracker wrote: Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm Can anyone recommend an LED bulb for the reversing light? A quality one that is CANBUS compatible and doesn’t trip any warning lights? The standard filament bulb is dim.
Cheers.
I never did find one, so ended up making my own that luckily didn't trip the lamp out warning.

The problem is that most of them either lie about the light output or are honest but rubbish 😂
fleagal
New
Drives: Polo GTi 2015 6C

Post by fleagal »

I've just ordered one from ebay which specifies that it is a reversing light for the Polo 6c, and will not cause CANBUS errors.

Other adverts make the same claims but have a caveat that 'some cars' may require an extra resistor if manufactured after 2000 which rather defeats the point of buying CANBUS friendly.

I'll fit it at the weekend and see if it works then report back.
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

Problem is that most of the cheap ebay ones that works with canbus just have a tiny resistor built-in that eventually cooks the LEDs

Doesn't help the light housing itself isn't that great tbh.
Pfowler1
New
Drives: Gti

Post by Pfowler1 »

JaegerStriker wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:29 pm recently purchased my GTI. 2015 plate 7000 miles. just wondering if anyone else is getting large amounts of white fog/smoke from their exhausts when waiting in traffic and a strong smell on startup. not sure if its due to the colder weather or not. first turbo car ive owned so this is all new to me.
TIA
Hello I am new here and am also getting a used 2015 polo gti has 31k on the clock and looks stunning with great options fitted. I have read that their were a few issues with cabin noise and more concerning turbo failures I was wander because the car I am buying is a few years old and has already done 31k miles would those issues have already happened by now as most the people with turbo issues were in the first few miles