Which polo have I got?

Post FORUM SPECIFIC questions here: Such as, "HELP, I can't keep logged in for more than one session" etc... Not general help questions such as "my car won't start". You get the idea?
nashmills
New
Drives: 1.2TSI 110 SEL DSG

Which polo have I got?

Post by nashmills »

I have joined because I would like to ask a question about my Polo but I don't know the model I have. It's a 2014 1.2TSI 110 SEL. What do you call that on these forums please?
alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Re: Which polo have I got?

Post by alexperkins »

a 6C :)
nashmills
New
Drives: 1.2TSI 110 SEL DSG

Post by nashmills »

alexperkins wrote:a 6C :)
Thank you.
turbocatt
New
Drives: bluegt

Post by turbocatt »

hi
I would also like to know which polo I have.
2015 blue gt
blackertracker
Bronze Member
Drives: ..

Post by blackertracker »

turbocatt wrote:hi
I would also like to know which polo I have.
2015 blue gt
A 6C.
turbocatt
New
Drives: bluegt

Post by turbocatt »

thanks blackertracker
Teutonic_Tamer
New
Drives: Polo 9N3 1.4 TDI 5dr with half a V6 :p

Post by Teutonic_Tamer »

The EASIEST way to identify which type your Polo is - look at the seventh (7th) and eighth (8th) digits of the VIN. The easiest place the VIN can be found is the visible VIN at the bottom edge of the windscreen on the passenger side. Furthermore, if you look at the VIN plate sticker on the left suspension top-mount turret (obviously lift and prop the bonnet :p) - it not only repeats the full VIN, the bottom left clearly states the German 'Type' code - ie; Typ 9N, Typ 6R, etc.

This system of 7th and 8th VIN digits to identify specific model is an international standard (well, apart from the Spams, who insist on being different) - so it not only applies to all marques of the Volkswagen Audi Group, but also cars from every other manufacturer.

Another helpful digit is the tenth (10th) digit. Again, another international standard, the 10th digit identifies the 'model year' (not to be confused with the actual build date, nor the year of registration).

So, peeps, instead of asking on this forum, you will now be able to find out for yourself! No $hit, Sherlock!