My 6n polo project

Chat about your MKIV (6N) Polo
Gabe_lee98
New
Drives: 6n 1.0l

My 6n polo project

Post by Gabe_lee98 »

End of summer 2015
Thought I'd start this to keep progress on my polo from where it started to its transformation over winter and further on.
Here is the polo as it sits at the moment completely standard. Image
From this point I have bought 16v front bumper brand new from my work.Image
I then bought a 16v rear bumper and all the grills for the front and sent them all of for spraying and smoothing after a quick test fit ImageImageImage now I had them sent off I bought some 6n2 gti seats and some coilovers, I got a mate to do a Photoshop of my plans which were simple Image.

From this I moved forward and bought a double din head unit which I knew would not fit to make fit, I moved the heater controls down Image. I then cut the bar in between vents and controls, Image this was a test fit without a fascia or sand down.
Image I also bought a sound system including, 2 8 inch sub's at 1200 watts, 2 6 inch door speakers and two tweeters plus two mini amps to amplify the power for all these. I also bought a 1200 watt 12 inch sub Image.

I had my interior stripped ready to wire and fit the new seats Image

I then got a little bored of my static idea and the interior haha, I found a guy selling a car on hydraulics and with a full leather merc interior including dash, so the idea has changed and the car is going into a garage for this over winter expect more updates.
The bumpers have been painted but me and my boss have decided a colour change is in place and the car shall be wrapped undecided on colour as of yet. But my boss has experience in car build sso is a lot of help.
Keep an eye out for this build expect many updates to come [FACE THROWING A KISS]

23/11/15

Now my colour is decided I have a rough id ea on what it will look like, but have decided a different set of wheel, badge on other little bits and pieces. Other than that found my keys and my bumpers have arrived from the body shop Image

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Last edited by Gabe_lee98 on Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gabe_lee98
New

Re: My 6n polo project

Post by Gabe_lee98 »

alexperkins
Site Admin
Drives: 91 Golf GTI, 01 TT 225, 54 T5 174

Post by alexperkins »

Welcome

Looking good - youve made a fair bit of progress so far!
Gabe_lee98
New

Re: RE: Re: My 6n polo project

Post by Gabe_lee98 »

alexperkins wrote:Welcome

Looking good - youve made a fair bit of progress so far!
Thanks mate its my first car so not driving yet but a big build to be funded on minimum wage and on my driveway haha

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk
Gabe_lee98
New

Post by Gabe_lee98 »

Blue is no longer happening but plans may change again still unsure on hydros or static let's just see what happens for next year! However got my bumpers back from spraying and what a good job they did on it these are mint shame they won't be staying red haha Image

Gabe_lee98
New

Post by Gabe_lee98 »

All my grilles, and my splitter have been sprayed gloss black by mee and I have fitted both bumpers and wind deflectors. My car was red till I put my bumpers on it looks pink now! Can't wait for the color change and wheels watch this space people! For now here's some photos of today ImageImageImage