VW Polo GTi (6C) OEM Tyres

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
CJO
Bronze Member
Drives: VW Polo GTi 2016

VW Polo GTi (6C) OEM Tyres

Post by CJO »

Hi,

I've just ordered a VW Polo GTi (6c) which will hopefully arrive by end of March.

For those of you lucky enough to have already brought your own Polo GTi in the last year can anyone advise what tyres VW provide with this car?

Thanks

Chris
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Re: VW Polo GTi (6C) OEM Tyres

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

That all depends on which tire manufactor gives VW the best deal on tires at the time yours is being built.

But it will be something like Dunlup SP-Sportmaxx, Bridgestone Potenza or similar.
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

My 2014 6R Blue GT was delivered on Pirellis while the neighbours 2014 6R GTI was delivered on Dunlops. They were about 4 months apart (jan / april)
Dink
Platinum Member
Drives: 2015 GTI

Post by Dink »

I think most of the gti's have come with bridgestone potenza S001 ( mine came with these)

I will be replacing my fronts soon with probably something from Goodyear or Michelin or maybe even pirelli
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

Mine also came with the Potenza S001's. Think I will go with Michelin Pilot Sport 3's when I come to replace them.. Have done 4.5k miles and I have about 4mm left on the fronts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jacksb7
Getting There!
Drives: Polo GTI 6C

Post by jacksb7 »

Yes, mine also came with the Potenzas but I don't particularly trsut them so will be replacing them at some point in the not too distant future.
Deejbb
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo GTi 6R

Post by Deejbb »

jacksb7 wrote:Yes, mine also came with the Potenzas but I don't particularly trsut them so will be replacing them at some point in the not too distant future.

Likewise - they haven't inspired confidence for me..

CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Thanks guys, I'm guessing the Bridgstones S001 appear to be the most statically likely outcome then.

I got about 9k out of them on my old Audi so I suspect this will be similar. I found them to be quite "under steery" in the wet but could never really tell if this was the trait of a heavy engine over the front wheels; whereas Sport Contact 3 and GY Eagle F1s struck a better balance and gave a healthy (by my standards of driving) 18k.

Time will tell!
Mart!n-GTI-DK
Platinum Member
Drives: '14 Polo BlueGT

Post by Mart!n-GTI-DK »

iichel wrote:My 2014 6R Blue GT was delivered on Pirellis while the neighbours 2014 6R GTI was delivered on Dunlops. They were about 4 months apart (jan / april)
I'd rather have the Pirelli's... Cause the Dunlop's are rubbish.

I got a set of Hankook S1 Evo's when I changed the rims. Simply amazing tire. :P
nats148
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 1.8 GTI - Golf Anniversary

Post by nats148 »

Mine has Bridgestone on it.
Penarth Blues
Bronze Member
Drives: 2015 Polo GTI 5 door Black M6

Post by Penarth Blues »

Mine's got the Potenza S001's. Haven't looked to see how they're wearing but they don't grip particularly well in my view when trying to accelerate hard.

Will revisit this thread when it comes time to change and see how everyone else is getting on with their various tyre choices.
Norbreck21a
Silver Member

Post by Norbreck21a »

There's a big thread over on the MK7 Golf forum from users of the performance Golf's (GTD's, GTI's and R's) that have had 18" wheels delivered with Bridgestone Potenza S001's on (as mine did), and the pretty unanimous verdict is they are total crap and most owners get shot of straight away for Michelin's GoodYear's, Conti's or Dunlops.

About their only redeeming feature is that they are a hard tyre and so do seem to last well (I got over 20,000 in my GTD), but the traction and noise levels are particularly bad.
CJO
Bronze Member

Post by CJO »

Norbreck21a wrote:There's a big thread over on the MK7 Golf forum from users of the performance Golf's (GTD's, GTI's and R's) that have had 18" wheels delivered with Bridgestone Potenza S001's on (as mine did), and the pretty unanimous verdict is they are total crap and most owners get shot of straight away for Michelin's GoodYear's, Conti's or Dunlops.

About their only redeeming feature is that they are a hard tyre and so do seem to last well (I got over 20,000 in my GTD), but the traction and noise levels are particularly bad.
Mmmmm. I think I might make a move over to Eagle F1s and sell the tyres. Not had them for years but they must still be a good tyre by comparison.