RCD310 DAB tuning

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
MattBlueGT
New
Drives: 2013 Blue GT

RCD310 DAB tuning

Post by MattBlueGT »

Hey guys,
Picked up my 2013 BlueGT yesterday and love it. I am however struggling with the radio functions.

ive done a search on here but i cant seem to phrase it right to get want i want to know. This is the first time ive ever experienced DAB radio in a car and im struggling on how to tune new digital stations. Ive read the owners manual and it doesnt make a lot of sense to me, and i only seem to be able to get the BBC stations and Capital to show when i scan for tuning.

Does anyone know of an RCD DAB idiots guide to tuning digital stations? I would like some rock stations but all i seem to find is BBC.

Heeeeeeelp!!
Malcolm Scott
New
Drives: 2010 (60) 1.2 SEL TSI

Re: RCD310 DAB tuning

Post by Malcolm Scott »

Hi MattBlueGT!

As a first move, I would suggest you visit:

http://www.ukdigitalradio.com/coverage/postcodesearch/

Input your Post Code and you will discover what stations you can (theoretically) receive.

Despite the publicity encouraging us all to adopt DAB, it is not a foregone conclusion that you will be able to pick up all your favourite programmes - for example my g/f is unable to pick up any stations at all on a household DAB radio.

You may also find that, within the RCD310 menu, there is a means of adjusting the sensitivity of the unit's programme search.

Hope this helps.
MattBlueGT
New
Drives: 2013 Blue GT

Re: RCD310 DAB tuning

Post by MattBlueGT »

ha, no dab coverage at all in my area, guess that explains it lol. Thanks though :)