R-line body kit cost?

Chat about your 6R/6C model Polos here!
Willni
Silver Member
Drives: Polo '14 6R, Golf 07' Edition 30

R-line body kit cost?

Post by Willni »

Been wanting an R-line for a long time but not willing to sell my current polo since there's not much milage on it and has the winter pack (strangely hard to find), so was wondering how much the following would cost roughly;

R- line Front Bumper
R-line Rear Bumper
Sideskirts
R-line gloss black left and right fog surround
R-line lower grill
R-line Rear Valance

Thanks in advance
Ash6R
Bronze Member
Drives: Polo 1.2 TSI SEL

Re: R-line body kit cost?

Post by Ash6R »

If you want genuine VW parts the front bumper alone will cost 500 pounds probably. Theres also this kit https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kits/v ... y-kit.html which comes with pretty much everything you need.

I'm also considering changing the front bumper to an r line but i'll probably try and find a used front and rear bumper on ebay.
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

Ash6R wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:51 pm If you want genuine VW parts the front bumper alone will cost 500 pounds probably. Theres also this kit https://www.madmotors.co.uk/body-kits/v ... y-kit.html which comes with pretty much everything you need.

I'm also considering changing the front bumper to an r line but i'll probably try and find a used front and rear bumper on ebay.

As good as those kits are I'd rather have genuine parts, think I'll just do the same as you get big stuff from ebay and the small stuff from vw
ffindl200
New
Drives: Match Edition

Post by ffindl200 »

Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice.

I drove my 17 reg polo match edition too fast into a car park and hit a wall, leaving my front bumper cracked and hanging off, one of my lights slightly cracked and the VW logo cracked down the middle. Any ideas how much these will all cost to replace?

Also, is fitting a new bumper with parking sensors a difficult/costly job?

Thanks for any advice x
iichel
Bling Bling Diamond Member
Drives: Polo 6R 2.0 TDI, Passat B8 2.0 TSI

Post by iichel »

Second hand bumper 250 quid
Painting about the same
Headlight anywhere between 100 and 500 (halogen, xenon or full LED)
Grill logo shouldn't be too expensive

Parking sensors themself are not that hard to fit. Just drill a 18mm hole in any bumper before painting and you're good.
You need to wire it all up, that is a bit more extensive.
JIC Cracked
Silver Member

Post by JIC Cracked »

Willni the VW Polo R-Line also comes with Rear Roof Spoiler which is part of the body kit.
skymera
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 R-Line TDi

Post by skymera »

I have just had my car repaired and I have quotations for the whole front end.
I'm sure these are trade prices exc VAT. Also excluding paint and fitting etc.

R-Line bumper was priced at £244
Grille £97
LED headlight £370
Parking sensors £6.69 ea
Parking sensor bracket £6.69ea
Willni
Silver Member

Post by Willni »

JIC Cracked wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:32 am Willni the VW Polo R-Line also comes with Rear Roof Spoiler which is part of the body kit.
Thanks JIC, I know I have one on atm that's why I didn't include it :D
skymera wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 am I have just had my car repaired and I have quotations for the whole front end.

Grille £97
LED headlight £370
Parking sensors £6.69 ea
Skymera those are extremely low prices, and you're very lucky to get them, considering I know a guy that hit a bird (the animal not a woman) and broke one of his headlights and cost him £1000 something.
ffindl200 wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:06 am Hi guys

Looking for a bit of advice.

I drove my 17 reg polo match edition too fast into a car park and hit a wall, leaving my front bumper cracked and hanging off, one of my lights slightly cracked and the VW logo cracked down the middle. Any ideas how much these will all cost to replace?

Also, is fitting a new bumper with parking sensors a difficult/costly job?

Thanks for any advice x
Luckily it's a match so parts are quite common for it, so if you went to a wreckers (scrapyard) you could get a good bumper for £100 or so, a headlight I think is £25 I saw a pair of halogen 6c ones for £70 and a logo for £10.

Fitting parking sensors isn't costly, there's just a bit of wiring to it maybe £130 for a kit fitted from an automotive electrician, and as everyone that's ever done it it's pretty much a consensus don't drill the bumper get the circular blade cuts like the one in the link below; they're less likely to damage the surrounding paint for some reason.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5pc-Hole-Saw- ... 2548.l4275
skymera
Getting There!
Drives: 2016 R-Line TDi

Post by skymera »

Willni wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 8:13 pm
skymera wrote: Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:58 am I have just had my car repaired and I have quotations for the whole front end.

Grille £97
LED headlight £370
Parking sensors £6.69 ea
Skymera those are extremely low prices, and you're very lucky to get them, considering I know a guy that hit a bird (the animal not a woman) and broke one of his headlights and cost him £1000 something.
I had my car repaired by an authrosied repairer so these would be rock bottom trade prices :)